What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Supplies for ongoing garage project: Contractor pack of molding for around garage windows & doors, bunch of tubes of caulk & liquid nails, coated mixer for mixing joint compound, Dewalt 6 1/2" 40 tooth blade (I love the Diablo blades, but thought I would try this one) -- I got the Dewalt blade for $10 (half price) so I figured why not...

5058f43c5b374d59e9d5f2d802cc78e8.jpg
e5799c7136f37ab8d094073d4c5fc06a.jpg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Supplies for ongoing garage project: Contractor pack of molding for around garage windows & doors, bunch of tubes of caulk & liquid nails, coated mixer for mixing joint compound, Dewalt 6 1/2" 40 tooth blade (I love the Diablo blades, but thought I would try this one) -- I got the Dewalt blade for $10 (half price) so I figured why not...

5058f43c5b374d59e9d5f2d802cc78e8.jpg

A dewalt fanboy picked up one of those when he was supposed to get a diablo blade because of that little 2X life vs diablo thing in the bottom left corner.  I was surprised how good it was fresh, but it didn't hold up well.

Also helps make my decision that Milwaukee prices the 6.0 like assholes so sticking w 5.0 is reasonable despite my "champagne taste" :P.

and yes, olletsocmit, Milwaukee bits are made of old chewing gum, discarded construction adhesive and days-end wash-dump concrete. That's my theory on how they have that magical combination of soft and brittle anyway. 

Amazon fire sale yesterday for the knock off 5ah Dewalt batteries, the deal was too good to pass up even though I was out of the market for anymore batteries that aren't flexvolt. Out the door for $46.28. Normally $80. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EBYNMFA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

I never know what to make of those batteries lol, that price would be hard to say no to though. 

Based on reviews they're pretty good, there's some reports of failures but Dewalt labeled batteries experience this as well so I figured why not. 2 5.0's for the price of a 2.0 the risk vs reward was pretty sweet. 

Best in class imo Mikey.

Jimbo, you are rolling deep in free gear lately. I hate you, in the nicest way possible lol.

Sold my Fuel grinder today. Ordered the FlexVolt last night. May order the braking kit later this month, with the promos on it it's the cheapest way for me to get 5.0s. After selling my 2780, I come out ahead vs just buying more batteries. Do I need 2

grinders...we will find out!

• Like 1

Best in class imo Mikey.

Jimbo, you are rolling deep in free gear lately. I hate you, in the nicest way possible lol.

Sold my Fuel grinder today. Ordered the FlexVolt last night. May order the braking kit later this month, with the promos on it it's the cheapest way for me to get 5.0s. After selling my 2780, I come out ahead vs just buying more batteries. Do I need 2

grinders...we will find out!

Yea I think I got a horseshoe up my ass! Not complaining but very greatful, trying to pay it forward with this months giveaway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Say that bench grinder at rockler the other day nice quality

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works great ..... VERY quiet , smooth... Can hardly hear it running

• Like 2