What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

12 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

So they got you too did they?  Welcome to the club ;)

Yup! $69 sale, couldn't pass it up.

Though what's annoying is that my old station is labelled with both Fahrenheit and Celsius, but Celsius is red so that's what I've payed attention to...can't figure out how to change this. I also liked turning a pot instead of pushing a button but the iron is super comfy and it's a thinner, more flexible wire.  

Edit: Found it on youtube!

• Like 1

Review of the felos please.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First impression I love the grip but they don't have the same quality feel as the weras, shafts seem a bit flimsier and the metal isn't as refined I'll post some pictures on another thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-27-10.png

Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-27-05.png

Screenshot_2016-09-21-10-26-57.png

Screenshot_2016-09-20-20-30-38.png

You better keep those under your pillow with you go to sleep dude lol very cool!!

10 hours ago, kruton said:

Not a tool, but I got this guy in today and another one with charger and battery coming tomorrow. I never thought I would say this, but I'm now in the Milwaukee 12v line...prices were too good to pass up though. I'm giving this one to my old man and keeping the other one for myself.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Saw those on sale at HD website, thought they were typos at first, I've got something I'm going to modify my jacket with in the near future

48 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Not as cool as @Stercorarius but I got the Milwaukee braking grinder to add to my stash, had to make the logical choice this way since I have the batteries already

IMG_20160921_212759407

I have the non braking version and love it......I'm sure you will enjoy your new purchase.....

11 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Have you put yours together yet? I don't have mine attached to my vacuum as there isn't a good spot. I suggest putting the wheels a little more apart than suggested. Mine tips all the time and is annoying.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Put it together and already moved the wheels, prob gonna add 2 more, because ... You are correct .... It tips !!! For right now I only am using the one bucket due to space restrictions

16 hours ago, kruton said:

Not a tool, but I got this guy in today and another one with charger and battery coming tomorrow. I never thought I would say this, but I'm now in the Milwaukee 12v line...prices were too good to pass up though. I'm giving this one to my old man and keeping the other one for myself. 6181d19fec9efdf49b00396af5e90d2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

be real careful not to jumble the pads and the wires, they're not like the jackets they can come loose

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BMack37 said:

New soldering station, figured I'd give a digital one a shot but I'll still keep my tried and true analog station. Funnily enough, this costs less than replacing my analog station:

SZgL8NQ.jpg

Weekly Knipex:

yGA3VKR.jpg

Congrats on the haul. I wish Hakko still sold the analog version. Every time I need to change the temperature on mine I have to look up a how to guide. Luckily, I usually just keep it at the same temp. I really need to get some Knipex pliers for myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mig said:

Congrats on the haul. I wish Hakko still sold the analog version. Every time I need to change the temperature on mine I have to look up a how to guide. Luckily, I usually just keep it at the same temp. I really need to get some Knipex pliers for myself.

Yeah, that's my worry. I change temperature rather often because I work on modern and old electronics, so I need low temp for delicate boards with leaded solder and high temp for the lead-free.

Knipex are great but don't overlook Pro America, Xcelite and Engineer! Lindstrom cutters are fantastic too!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Yeah, that's my worry. I change temperature rather often because I work on modern and old electronics, so I need low temp for delicate boards with leaded solder and high temp for the lead-free.

Knipex are great but don't overlook Pro America, Xcelite and Engineer! Lindstrom cutters are fantastic too!

You can have a couple quick set temperatures. I dont remember exactly how though.

1 hour ago, jeffmcmillan said:

You can have a couple quick set temperatures. I dont remember exactly how though.

I actually just figured how to do it...freaking pain in the butt to enable it. Luckily Hakko has videos on youtube, once you enable and setup the presets it's pretty simple(just hit the "up" button). My manual for the unit must have been old because it didn't mention you had to enable the presets. I might have an issue when changing tips but I think I'll just make a label for quick reference.

I don't think it would have been too much to ask for 5-preset buttons they could double as up/down/set/enter/misc buttons. I like the presets but I'm really going to miss the knob to change temperature, I'm not going to miss waiting 3-4 mins for it to get up to temp.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

20 bucks at menards for the crescent set

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planos from Walmart? I can't believe my Walmarts still have them at that price, I posted that deal like 5 months ago. Killer price, I have like 7 of each haha. I'm using them for everything. I have one set up for small SAE tap and die set, it has all the screws inside with the proper drill bits, taps and bevel bits. I have one for all my misc electronic leads. One for electronics cable/leads ends. I have several being used in my tool boxes for organizing more leads, rotary accessories, misc sockets, etc... Sometimes I modify them by cutting/Dremeling out the permanent dividers and/or super gluing adjustable dividers into permanent. I love those Plano boxes!