What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Well, I got a "too good to pass up" deal.
DHP481
DTD154
Rapid charger
3x 5.0 batteries (got an extra for free)
Case
$489 cnd.

The DTD170 is awesome but I don't need the cam out mode. The DTD154 is the same size, torque, IPM and rpm it just doesn't have cam out mode.
http://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=combokittool&id=3078&catid=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Well, I got a "too good to pass up" deal.
DHP481
DTD154
Rapid charger
3x 5.0 batteries (got an extra for free)
Case
$489 cnd.

The DTD170 is awesome but I don't need the cam out mode. The DTD154 is the same size, torque, IPM and rpm it just doesn't have cam out mode.
http://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=combokittool&id=3078&catid=0

Dang that is a good deal

Milwaukee sent this to me to try out, that was sweet of them, them feeding my addiction lol

4ah pack for comparison

Although i think they would have much more attraction if they used the newer available cells that everyone is switching to, but i'm not complaining about not paying $250 for the battery and charger

IMG_20160923_163436653

Bought this rapid charger that will do 3 m12 packs and 3 m18 packs. it's basically three rapid chargers in one carry case 

IMG_20160927_182455126

IMG_20160927_212511813

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, kruton said:

Decided now that I have Milwaukee 12v I would try this little guy out. That red clashes with that beautiful Bosch blue and Metabo forrest green, but I think I will get over it!emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lol there are some nice colors out there other than just red, but no one that makes so many convenient 12v tools as red does.

For instance:

Replacing and cleaning up a circulator pump with the ratchet and polisher

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Lol salt in the wounds man wow, nice purchase, thought you already had the nicest cordless grinder available?

@Stercorarius

Now I have six grinders. Two corded (almost bought another Bosch one that is on clearance for $60) and four cordless. One brushed and three brushless. I now have the best two grinders on the market. I will probably still only use the Metabo. 

sjLZnLq.gif

• Like 2

Now I have six grinders. Two corded (almost bought another Bosch one that is on clearance for $60) and four cordless. One brushed and three brushless. I now have the best two grinders on the market. I will probably still only use the Metabo. 

sjLZnLq.gif

Your as bad as me!

248746e5dabd26dab7e448a5708599e7.jpg

Newest addition to the workshop!

• Like 7

I am contemplating that sander Jimbo but I think I will save up for one with the forced rotation for heavier duty stuff if needed. Let us know how it is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ya I really like that makita but can't justify the price for it, price was right on this and it does rotate and oscillate, I have some snippets on my Instagram story it's a great sander, you can even swap pads and make it a 6" sander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Ya I really like that makita but can't justify the price for it, price was right on this and it does rotate and oscillate, I have some snippets on my Instagram story it's a great sander, you can even swap pads and make it a 6" sander

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bosch makes one too for cheaper. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-6-in-Random-Orbital-Sander-1250DEVS/100609296

• Like 1