What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

thanks Chris.....

after I took a bit of time to make sure it was all running nice and square because I'm anal.....it's first project was to build an outfeed table for it....had some scraps so why not....

20161010_185724.jpg

Looks like a great setup comp. Now I'm jealous!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Ha thought we were all alike here?? Guess I'm on a another level lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! Guy at work was flabbergasted to learn I have three sets of drills and impacts each, not counting my m12 drill and impact and right angle ones....I thought that was pretty good self control myself ha!!

• Like 1

We all have our things, I have two Fluke 87V, a Fluke 87III, a Fluke 115, a Fluke 75, a Fluke 12, a Milwaukee DMM, a Klein clamp meter, a Tektronix portable Oscilloscope which has DMM capabilities.

But that's not that bad, my hockey equipment is out of control. I have two full kits for playing, extra shin guards, 6 helmets, 60 pairs of gloves and about 60 sticks. All pro level stuff, the gloves and sticks are worth $130-$200 each at minimum. Some of the gloves are worth a lot more. I could easily sell them and turn them into 60 Fuel drills haha.

• Like 1

We all have our things, I have two Fluke 87V, a Fluke 87III, a Fluke 115, a Fluke 75, a Fluke 12, a Milwaukee DMM, a Klein clamp meter, a Tektronix portable Oscilloscope which has DMM capabilities.

But that's not that bad, my hockey equipment is out of control. I have two full kits for playing, extra shin guards, 6 helmets, 60 pairs of gloves and about 60 sticks. All pro level stuff, the gloves and sticks are worth $130-$200 each at minimum. Some of the gloves are worth a lot more. I could easily sell them and turn them into 60 Fuel drills haha.

I hear ya!

I had 6 DMM's, 3 Clamps, 5 NC Testers and 2 insulations testers...sitting in a drawer. I had an addiction.

I made a new rule, I would only buy a new meter if it was an upgrade and a sweet deal, then I would have to sell the old one.

I now own 2 fluke DMMs and 2 Clamps, one NC tester and one insulation tester. If I even think about buying another, i break into sweat. Now I just by leads and specialty clips/tips like a crack head.

Never gonna use 1/2 of em, but if I ever need them...

Just bought a new pair of clips!

11b1ab31768b5bdf8da5ba7272f1f59c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

I hear ya!

I had 6 DMM's, 3 Clamps, 5 NC Testers and 2 insulations testers...sitting in a drawer. I had an addiction.

I made a new rule, I would only buy a new meter if it was an upgrade and a sweet deal, then I would have to sell the old one.

I now own 2 fluke DMMs and 2 Clamps, one NC tester and one insulation tester. If I even think about buying another, i break into sweat. Now I just by leads and specialty clips/tips like a crack head.

Never gonna use 1/2 of em, but if I ever need them...

Just bought a new pair of clips!

11b1ab31768b5bdf8da5ba7272f1f59c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have soo many clips and probes. I got onto a silicone wire kick so I basically redid all my cables including basic alligator clips to silicone and copper clips. Did you see my thread about Frankie's ebay store? It might cost you some money but save you some if you've considering or have bought from Mouser or MCM. We can add some discussion in there if you want, we can how off and whatnot ;)

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10707-electronics-misc-stuff/

• Like 1

thanks Chris.....

after I took a bit of time to make sure it was all running nice and square because I'm anal.....it's first project was to build an outfeed table for it....had some scraps so why not....

20161010_185724.jpg

Nice pick up. I was deciding between that one and the delta. Ended up with the delta. I still need to build some sort of outfeed table. May need to build one like April did in one of her last videos as I still use my garage for its intended purpose...to park my cars! Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I ordered  the makita  subcompact  kit milwaukee  9.0 battery  2 6.0 makita  batteries  the makita  X2 weed Wacker and some other odds and ends officially  broke

Did you buy the makita stuff from a place with the buy two bare tools get 2 batteries free promotion?

16 hours ago, comp56 said:

thanks Chris.....

20161010_185724.jpg

Have you ever heard of guys using UHMW for out feed table tops? I'm curious as to how it would perform. I'm in love with the stuff and throw it on everything.

47 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Have you ever heard of guys using UHMW for out feed table tops? I'm curious as to how it would perform. I'm in love with the stuff and throw it on everything.

funny you mention that, I swing by the machine shop now and then and grab some scrap stuff for jigs and anything that is gonna rub together....lol as for an outfeed table I'd say that would be overkill not to mention UHMW of any size is pretty hard to come by or very expensive for a DIYer or small shop for that matter especially when you get into 1/2" or 5/8" thick

20161011_121734.jpg

8 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Did you buy the makita stuff from a place with the buy two bare tools get 2 batteries free promotion?

I did buy some makita  stuff last wk  and got that deal  not this time though I got the 6.0 makita  batteries  off ebay

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

1b07494d7e9307967f22c79474526a84.jpg

The tool portion for the remodel project beginning next week.

you realize you really don't need all of those tools to change that washer on that dripping faucet in the bathroom right....

• Like 4

wife asked me to put a new light bulb in the hallway fixture, (12 foot ceilings) I said ok but I'll need to buy a new table saw so I can build a box to stand on the table saw I had was not big enough.... ...see how that works....lol

• Like 5