Commercial Electric Led fixture review

Justin Hernandez

Here's a little review on a twin pack Led fixture from Home Depot for only 24 dollars. As a sparky I always have to buy inexpensive fixtures when doing a re-wire or repair. I use to buy fixtures for 10 dollars plus buy two bulbs for the fixtures and the fixtures always looked cheap to me. One day I found this twin pack at HD which was basically the same price with bulbs I was paying for the other lights and gave it a shot. I went back and bought out the whole store it was expensive to do but it is worth it to provide my customers with a better product. These lights are awesome and brighter than the sun, plus two led lights for 24 dollars how could you go wrong. They have great specs, very well made, all copper wire and have a long life expectancy. They come pre assembled you don't have to take the globe apart which saves time to install, I took it apart so you can see inside. I really can't find anything negative to save about it expect if the light fails you have to replace the whole fixture. But Comes with a five year warranty and I installed over 30 without any problems. Don't know about if it will last the crazy 45 years it claims but I'm sure someone will replace it with something else before that..lol The last two pictures are a before and after fixture install. I most likely forgot to mention a million things..lol Now is the time to upgrade to Led lighting guys!!! You should only upgrade to led if you are using the fixture for more than 3 hours a day everyday. You most likely will not get your money back in energy savings if the fixture is used for less than 3 hours a day. Many pros and cons to led technology. If you have any lighting questions ask away!! I hope I did a some what good review :)    

Specs

• 920 lumens, color temperature 2700K (warm white), 80 CRI
  • Lasts 45 years or 50,000 hours of continuous use
  • Dimmable
  • Only 14.5 watts of power
  • 11 inch flushmount
  • Crazy 5 year warranty!!
  • Comes in two colors Oil rubbed or Brushed Nickel 
  • 2 pack for only 24 dollars, (two fixtures included) 
  • Like 3

Those are meant for dry locations only. Might not want to put those outside. The electronics are not potted and the boards are not made out of anything corrosion resistant. No gaskets to keep moisture out either.

Almost disposable for that price!

I am not sold on fixtures you have to throw away when the electronics fail. Sure they say the LEDs will last 40000 hours, but the electronics won't. The last thing we need is more junk in landfills.

That and the heat generated by the electronics stays right up there, cooking itself and guaranteed to be discolored within a few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those are meant for dry locations only. Might not want to put those outside. The electronics are not potted and the boards are not made out of anything corrosion resistant. No gaskets to keep moisture out either.

Almost disposable for that price!

I am not sold on fixtures you have to throw away when the electronics fail. Sure they say the LEDs will last 40000 hours, but the electronics won't. The last thing we need is more junk in landfills.

That and the heat generated by the electronics stays right up there, cooking itself and guaranteed to be discolored within a few months.

Yea I know they are for indoor use only but that's where they wanted it. The globe fits snug on the fixture you can't even slide a piece off paper in between and there's a rubber washer on the finial. It should last a few years even though its not potted or outdoor rated. I have been putting in Wall pack leds, parking lot lights and small led fixtures for my commercial customers over the recent years. I said the same thing when it fails the whole fixture is trash, you might be able to buy parts but it's cheaper to swap out the whole light. I've noticed individual leds burning out on the commercial fixtures I installed slowly but surely. 

Thanks Justin, this is what I was looking for to replace lights in my laundry room and second floor hall. You can't go,wrong for $24 for two. Thanks dude.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man I try. Go for it!! Plus a five year warranty.

Looks good dude, great find!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! That's the same thing I said great find

how could you beat that?

You should go back after 6 months and see how it's holding up!

Do another review.

Maybe commercial electric will send you some swag!

They should I by a ton of there stuff

Cool,ive been actually seeing these at HD a few times but wondered about quality. Now i know and  will get some in the future,thanks for the research :)

Thanks, yea you definitely should

I don't know if it my age, my eye sight or I'm just fussy...but I can not stand the typical dim looking yellowish light from regular LED all the LED lights in my house are and only will be daylight style......

I don't know if it my age, my eye sight or I'm just fussy...but I can not stand the typical dim looking yellowish light from regular LED all the LED lights in my house are and only will be daylight style......

I think that we have just become used the whiter look of leds that candescents just don't do the job anymore.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Jimbo

I'm more of a soft white guy, I guess its just your age..jk The daylight bulbs are a little to much when its night time your brain still things its day time, with soft white your brain realizes its time to go to sleep soon. It may be just me but a lot of people have said something similar. I do use 4 foot Cool White fluorescent's where ever I can, there about 4100k 

I think that we have just become used the whiter look of leds that candescents just don't do the job anymore.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Jimbo

There's really only one problem with incandescent's they use to much electricity maybe two they don't last long. They dim very well and every LED manufacturer is trying to get there product to dim like an incandescent as well as trying to make the shape of the bulb the same as an incandescent. This is just my opinion  

I'm more of a soft white guy, I guess its just your age..jk The daylight bulbs are a little to much when its night time your brain still things its day time, with soft white your brain realizes its time to go to sleep soon. It may be just me but a lot of people have said something similar. I do use 4 foot Cool White fluorescent's where ever I can, there about 4100k

There's really only one problem with incandescent's they use to much electricity maybe two they don't last long. They dim very well and every LED manufacturer is trying to get there product to dim like an incandescent as well as trying to make the shape of the bulb the same as an incandescent. This is just my opinion

LEDs have come a long way in the last few years, now you really see the variations of light colors like soft white, bright white or even the daylight. Only time hells technology.

Jimbo

LEDs have come a long way in the last few years, now you really see the variations of light colors like soft white, bright white or even the daylight. Only time hells technology.

Jimbo

All the different color temperature's available now have made light bulb changing a hassle so I don't do it anymore. I only do one's that homeowner's can't get to like on tall 20 foot ceilings and on top of staircases but they must have the new bulbs there.  

• Like 1