Makita have so Many They Sell 2 at a Time....

comp56

I know some people will disagree with me but those are some nice grinders. In a fab setting its really nice to have one for a solid grinding wheel and a pearl fan or cut off wheel on the other because of how frequently you swap you'd have a ridiculous amount of downtime.

You know why Comp its only "whisper" only half as good as a Milwaukee grinder. Welp I'm in trouble now!! J/K Makita fans I had to say it!!

I'll start buying Milwaukee grinders when and only when I can get two for $70. Tbh though I use a Milwaukee, Makita, and a Hitachi at work. All are great. The Milwaukee is the go to grinder purely because it is the most powerful. As far as grinders go a higher amperage grinder will beat a lower amperage, yeah I know amps doesn't always equal power, but you won't have any bad luck with a name brand grinder.

I'll start buying Milwaukee grinders when and only when I can get two for $70. Tbh though I use a Milwaukee, Makita, and a Hitachi at work. All are great. The Milwaukee is the go to grinder purely because it is the most powerful. As far as grinders go a higher amperage grinder will beat a lower amperage, yeah I know amps doesn't always equal power, but you won't have any bad luck with a name brand grinder.

back in the day before the cordless tools took off with any battery platform we had a shop with well over 70 guys grinding 12 hours a day and the only grinders that would last any amount of time were the Milwaukee and the Walters..... Makita and Port Cables were pretty much a waste of time, granted that was a few years ago now and mostly 7" grinders... but I am a firm believer that is why I bought into the Milwaukee line when I did.....

back in the day before the cordless tools took off with any battery platform we had a shop with well over 70 guys grinding 12 hours a day and the only grinders that would last any amount of time were the Milwaukee and the Walters..... Makita and Port Cables were pretty much a waste of time, granted that was a few years ago now and mostly 7" grinders... but I am a firm believer that is why I bought into the Milwaukee line when I did.....

Well I'm going to go ahead and believe you. The grinders that I work with don't see that kind of action so you are more qualified than me for industrial use of that magnitude. Longest I ever spent grinding was probably about 10 hours straight maybe third day on the job. Now that I think about I was using a Milwaukee grinder with a cut off wheel and a Makita with a pearl fan (flap disk) on it.

Well I'm going to go ahead and believe you. The grinders that I work with don't see that kind of action so you are more qualified than me for industrial use of that magnitude. Longest I ever spent grinding was probably about 10 hours straight maybe third day on the job. Now that I think about I was using a Milwaukee grinder with a cut off wheel and a Makita with a pearl fan (flap disk) on it.

haha don't kid yourself, I wasn't one of the ones grinding I wore a white hat and made sure they were grinding...lol

here is one of the last jobs I was involved in at the fab shop....all stainless steel, 40 foot sections 18 foot dia. welded in place to a total of 306 feet with one breach at bottom......

uu.png

• Like 1

here is one of the last jobs I was involved in at the fab shop....all stainless steel, 40 foot sections 18 foot dia. welded in place to a total of 306 feet with one breach at bottom......

uu.png

I'm guessing chemical storage tank for a factory? That's one pretty chunk of steel. Can't imagine the bill on that one.

I'm guessing chemical storage tank for a factory? That's one pretty chunk of steel. Can't imagine the bill on that one.

close but no, inside lining of a chimney stack at a paper mill, was a cost plus job.......never heard final amount of hours 

• Like 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Swer15
    Newest Member
    Swer15