Cordless finish nailer

jswoger1986

Dan and Eric have given away a few. Porter cable looks solid and Dewalt is tough Milwaukee I'm not sure if there's is out yet if you need it like tomorrow porter cable and Dewalt if money is a factor porter cable is going to be a lot cheaper than Dewalt if your gonna use on a daily use pay the extra go Dewalt or wait on Milwaukee if not in a hurry. Hope that was some help. Also if you are already invested into a battery system we'll see what they have.

Sent from a fan of tools with assistance from Siri

• 1 month later...

I have the porter cable brad nailer. I think its awesome no cords no headache. used it for about a month now and its been flawless never jams on me and if it does it its soo easy to clear.. the dewalt framing nailer looks badass but idk if I'm wanting to pay that much ill hold out for now I guess. sigh lol

5 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I do not know enough about nailers to give you a professional opinion. All I can say is in your search for the best nailer, don't get yourself nailed. ;)

Its a shame all the safety features in nailers, what happened to self defense on the job site?

26 minutes ago, RobertJenkins said:

I am surprised no one has mentioned Paslode cordless finish nailers. I used these for many years without any real issues. Consistent performance and easy to use. 

I think a lot of people want to stick with whatever brand they're  invested in. If I'm not mistaken, Paslode only makes nailers right? So that's entire new battery/charger system just for a nailer. At that point your better off buying a pancake compressor and some pneumatic nailers. 

I see......yes that is a very good point. Thanks for the feedback. I am a creature of habit and I think they were the first one's to come out with cordless nailers so I started using them at that point. Also I do alot of work that is not in close proximity to a power source so compressors etc.....are not convenient or realistic for me

3 minutes ago, RobertJenkins said:

I see......yes that is a very good point. Thanks for the feedback. I am a creature of habit and I think they were the first one's to come out with cordless nailers so I started using them at that point. Also I do alot of work that is not in close proximity to a power source so compressors etc.....are not convenient or realistic for me

I can understand that. It was pretty revolutionary when they came out with the first cordless framer. My dad and I have 2. Just hate the whole gas system. It can be a pain at times. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

I can understand that. It was pretty revolutionary when they came out with the first cordless framer. My dad and I have 2. Just hate the whole gas system. It can be a pain at times. 

yeah its hard to tell sometimes if it's the gas or the battery.....I still rely on those guns though so I can't pick on them too much lol

3 minutes ago, RobertJenkins said:

yeah its hard to tell sometimes if it's the gas or the battery.....I still rely on those guns though so I can't pick on them too much lol

Hey for most of the DIY jobs that we use them for, I can't complain. If we need it for something bigger, we have the pneumatic. 

Just now, DaveJr. said:

Hey for most of the DIY jobs that we use them for, I can't complain. If we need it for something bigger, we have the pneumatic. 

Yup same with me I have 3 pneumatics (all Paslode) for big framing jobs.....no screwing around at that point!

Paslodes are a great unit, their cordless/gas shooters. I love them and they have a lot of power but that gas I think intimidates a lot of buyers, if this thing is glued to your hip I could totally justify the cost but if it's not and you only use it here and there, the true cordless variants like Dewalt and ryobi are awesome, pretty much zero maintainance as well.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk