New Bosch GDR 10.8V-EC (PS42)

overanalyze

I have been eyeing the new Bosch brushless 12v (10.8v) impact from a far. As of yet this is still a NAINA item. Well my patience got the better of me and I ordered one from Ebay from Korea. Shipping was fast!! $129 shipped bare tool. 

Here is a quick video I made showing it compared to the older brushed PS41 and my IDH182. I like it overall. They took some of the rubber off the new grip that I think they should have left on. Also the 1/4" chuck could have been the newer style like on the Dewalt 887 and Milwaukee Gen2 impacts. Otherwise so far it seems like a nice upgrade. I am going to put this to use as my daily impact for a while to see if I can get by with 12v instead of 18v. We shall see....

https://youtu.be/JtyX9mRafaA

• Like 1

The led is nice and bright. This model lets you turn it on without pressing the trigger. Makes it nice for inside a cabinet or dark work area to help see the work area before you start drilling. The button for the light is on top. This model also has two speed/torque settings now for more delicate needs. 

Nice video, man. If they bring this to NA (and a BL 3/8" impact wrench) I'm making the leap to Bosch 12v.

WTH, it's not like three battery platforms is much different than four, right? LOL

• Like 1

Nice video, man. If they bring this to NA (and a BL 3/8" impact wrench) I'm making the leap to Bosch 12v.

WTH, it's not like three battery platforms is much different than four, right? LOL

Or 5?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Or 5?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what else I'd add. I don't like DeWalt, I can't see me getting into 12v Makita, and the 18v Bosch isn't very compelling over the M18 and LXT stuff I have now. I don't like the D-handle Festool stuff... my mitts are to wide. Can't see getting into the other Eurotrash stuff.

Well, maybe the IR IQ20v stuff might be cool...

I was using this a bit today and it definitely seems like it runs quieter than the PS41. I mean it still has that impact sound but not quite as loud.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Would be good if you could do the comparison with the 18v on torque setting 2 as I just wondered if it's the same on that setting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Would be good if you could do the comparison with the 18v on torque setting 2 as I just wondered if it's the same on that setting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will give that a try. Good idea. I would bet they end up a lot closer.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk