Wrench tool box

JimboS1ice

Not as involved as sterco' stool box tear downs or my drill bag one but this is my wrench box. It's a Stanley fat max, great little box.

53829fd991592ed386851f1a422f5627.jpg

56a1072825db4048d92d4e397b62f50f.jpg

Tekton crescent wrenches SAE and Metric

Gearbox ratcheting crescents SAE and Metric

Craftsman midget wrenches SAE and Metric

Craftsman Allen key set SAE and Metric

Craftsman Crowsfeet set SAE and Metric

Pittsburg magnetos nut and bolt dish

Crescent adjustable wrenches , 5,7,10"

Wera Torx key set

Wera screw drive bit handle

Craftsman nut driver set

Proto pear head rachets 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2

Proto round head fine tooth ratchets 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: Bostitch mini 1/4" hex bit ratchet

Also forgot the most important tool... The craftsman bottle opener wrench!

• Like 4

NIce one im putting together a small chainsaw tools toolbox and I do like that box whats the dimensions?  

Hmmmm maybe 16-20 x 8-10 x 10-12 roughly speaking let me see if I can find you a link

Jimbo

I like the box and the set up Jimbo. I was wondering actually. Does DeWalt own Stanley?

The parent company is Stanley black and decker.

Under this conglomerate you get dewalt, the premium line, porter cable, black and decker, Stanley and bostitch. Each name brings its own stuff to the table but a lot of dewalt hand tools are rebranded Stanley.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

The parent company is Stanley black and decker.

Under this conglomerate you get dewalt, the premium line, porter cable, black and decker, Stanley and bostitch. Each name brings its own stuff to the table but a lot of dewalt hand tools are rebranded Stanley.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah I see. Good to know! Thanks

nice set up there jimbo, I am not a huge wrench turner so I purchased a huge set of husky's awhile back that hang on the wall. it has both standard and metric long and short of both. they may not be the best wrenches out there but I'm not the best wrench turner either....lol

• Like 1

I have gobs of wrenches too, from my old school Craftsmans,to multiple styles of Gearwrench sets,Crescent ratcheting kits,ignition wrenches,Torx all that stuff,hard not to when you do assembly work,never know what wierd issues may arise.

I have alot of Pliers too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Dang dude, just got off of work and have to say I have some legit respect for that wrench collection and setup. I'd love to get my hands on some of those CMan midget wrenches. Almost remind me of Ignition wrenches.

They're still available near me, about $20-25 but still made in the USA. The new packaging is the same size pouch but solid gray/black back panel with a clear front. They're in the aisle where the wrenches are but are on a peg. I actually got two sets of these last year, very useful imo...perfect wrenches if you have hex bolstered screwdrivers(You'll need a normal sized wrench for a PH3-sized screwdrivers).

Pro tip: If you go to Sears, you can easily spot the made in USA wrenches. They have a sticker and no tag, made in China has a tag but no sticker.

• Like 1

On March 3, 2016 at 0:23 AM, T75R said:

I like the box and the set up Jimbo. I was wondering actually. Does DeWalt own Stanley?

SBD also owns Proto, Mac, and Blackhawk. There are a lot of cross branded products between Mac and Proto. Sometimes, as an industrial brand, the Proto version will be less frills (satin instead of full polish, etc), and sometimes they're exactly the same. 

SBD breaks their hand tool markets down as such:

Stanley is the budget homeowner line

Bostich and Dewalt are marketed to the premium homeowner and non-mechanical professional markets.

Blackhawk is a budget industrial line (very good value, probably 60/40 USA/Taiwan made)

Expert is the budget professional mechanic line. Nice quality, all Taiwan made)

Proto is the premium industrial line

Mac is the premium mechanics line.

• Like 3

On March 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Conductor562 said:

SBD also owns Proto, Mac, and Blackhawk. There are a lot of cross branded products between Mac and Proto. Sometimes, as an industrial brand, the Proto version will be less frills (satin instead of full polish, etc), and sometimes they're exactly the same. 

SBD breaks their hand tool markets down as such:

Stanley is the budget homeowner line

Bostich and Dewalt are marketed to the premium homeowner and non-mechanical professional markets.

Blackhawk is a budget industrial line (very good value, probably 60/40 USA/Taiwan made)

Expert is the budget professional mechanic line. Nice quality, all Taiwan made)

Proto is the premium industrial line

Mac is the premium mechanics line.

Thanks conductor! I always learn stuff in here lol

• Like 1

Only reason I don't touch Mac is because they aren't sold in my go to tool store, they have plenty of proto and Irwin to spend my coin on though.

I have a whole set of Irwin pliers that are pretty nice.

Jimbo

On March 6, 2016 at 0:27 PM, Stercorarius said:

I'll take Irwin ovver most brands, especially the new German made stuff.

I haven't fooled with any of the German stuff. As a rule, I lost interest in Irwin stuff a long time ago. It's not because of any quality issue that I've had personally, I've even had a couple items I liked, but I can usually get American made pliers and plumbing tools from Channellock, Ridgid, etc, for around the same money. 

The brazilian made drill bits are good, but there again, I can get a top notch, superior, Norseman Magnum set for the same price. 

I haven't fooled with any of the German stuff. As a rule, I lost interest in Irwin stuff a long time ago. It's not because of any quality issue that I've had personally, I've even had a couple items I liked, but I can usually get American made pliers and plumbing tools from Channellock, Ridgid, etc, for around the same money. 

The brazilian made drill bits are good, but there again, I can get a top notch, superior, Norseman Magnum set for the same price. 

Yeah, I hear you man. I'll take an American Made Chanellock tool over an Irwin. Chanellock is probably tied with proto as my favorite tool brand. But when it comes to my choices being between a Chinese made Stanley and Irwin, I'll grab an Irwin. I have a lot of Irwin tools and really like the brand. The only tool of theirs that I don't like is their bastardization of the Channel locks. Only Channellock channel locks.