milwaukee 18 volt drill

just wanted to let other people know before they buy a junk tool that will not be covered under warranty. I purchased a new milwaukee 18 volt cordless drill back in june of 2011, the reason was because of the 5 year warranty. The drill only lasted 10 months and started making noise so I sent it in to milwaukee to see what was wrong and get it fixed. MILWAUKEE'S WORDS EXACTLY WERE, the drill was used beyond the life of the brush's there for it is not under waranty and it would cost $170 to fix it. so evedently the 5 year waranty is a bunch of bull and there tools are as bad as rigid witch I have had very poor luck with also.

I've heard a lot of complaints letely about Milwaukee not honoring their warranty. Definitely not good business. On a lighter note, if it is indeed only the brushes you can fix it yourself in about 10 minutes for under $20. That doesn't make the situation ok, but at least you're not out in the cold very long.

If you ever read the actual warranty you will find most manufacturers have only a LIMITED warranty that covers only defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period. Normal wear and tear is NOT covered. This is one of the reasons I don't pay much heed to all these claims of long warranty periods. Face it, if your using your tools daily, they are going to be worn out long before the warranty is up. This is why you buy quality tools, they don't wear out as fast.

If they consider the brushes wearing out in a year "normal wear and tear" why even bother offering a warranty? I don't think 5 years on brushes is asking much. It's one thing if the tool is damaged from abuse, but some of these claims of denied warranties are rediculious if they're true. I'm like you though, I don't pay much attention to warranties.

If they consider the brushes wearing out in a year "normal wear and tear" why even bother offering a warranty? I don't think 5 years on brushes is asking much. It's one thing if the tool is damaged from abuse, but some of these claims of denied warranties are rediculious if they're true. I'm like you though, I don't pay much attention to warranties.

You would be surprised at how short a time most tools last if you use them all day every day. Especially if you don't do any routine maintenance/repairs.