Cord latch

Mondo1310

Locking extension cords are nice until someone who doesn't know there's a lock rips a prong out trying to unplug it.  I just use a strain relief knot, but that would definitely drag around corners better.  I think the better solution is cordless though.

For those of you worried about drilling into the cord, if there's anything but rubber where you drill there are bigger problems with the cord, and the screw looks like plastic so everything gets reinsulated anyway.

• Like 1

Locking extension cords are nice until someone who doesn't know there's a lock rips a prong out trying to unplug it.  I just use a strain relief knot, but that would definitely drag around corners better.  I think the better solution is cordless though.

For those of you worried about drilling into the cord, if there's anything but rubber where you drill there are bigger problems with the cord, and the screw looks like plastic so everything gets reinsulated anyway.

That's why no ones aloud to touch my extension cord!!! Most of mine are non-locking so I do the knot.

• Like 1

Rack a tiers are awesome in industrial applications,around the house I wouldnt waste the dough.   I just tie them like everyone else has mentioned.

i also use velcro cable ties.

http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-ONE-WRAP-Self-Gripping-Cable-Reusable/dp/B001E1Y5O6

I usually get mine from HD,they have all sorts of sizes of these,useful for alot of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Just buy 75' of 12/3 cabtire and a Quikloc, best extension cord you'll ever own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it, I actually remember looking at that end some time ago, just never thought of making my own with wire off a spool

• Like 1

Yes sir I do. Their gas is also cheaper than anywhere else. 

Hmmm hmm .... I might just see of my wife will renew ours.... she has shopped there b4 but I never knew what all they had so I didn't bothet to keep it up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk