Best sawzall out there ?

SevenOddosFence

35d1a7bb75bea326fc0db51da02fcbe0.jpg3ee391293ced8dee528f58ca48d71d8a.jpg Ive had porter cable and dewalt(both good but not great), but this super sawzall has taken a beat down and still going strong 6 years later. Pros:I love the detachable cord, smooth cutting, super strong and 360 swivel handle with variable speed. Cons: the blade holding chuck gets jammed from time time and need to pull out the pliers/lube to release the blade.

d0823e2cb958cc6150f93f82c8c985d1.jpg My newest addition(just picked it up over the weekend) the sawzall fuel. Pros: strong smooth cutting, great ergonomics, quick blade chage latch, light and cordless. Cons: none

Well thats my 2 cents. I vote for the sawzall all the way.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Try the Hilti. Not just fanboy stuff, but they have a 20 year warranty.

The Hilti recip is a beast. They don't look as pretty as the others but holy crap do they work. Head to a Hilti store and try it out, it's only a little of your time to find out.

I had the M18 Fuel recip before I switched to Hilti cordless. The Hilti is built to be beaten up on. Although the Milwaukee is brushless, you would never notice that the Hilti is not.

The Hilti corded are nothing short of bulletproof. We have 2x Hilti corded, one Dewalt and one Milwaukee. The Dewalt isn't even a contender sadly. The Milwaukee is very good, but for the money, Hilti has better performance and warranty. They have a one day turnaround, 20 year warranty.

Here in Canada, the Hilti retails for the exact same price as the Super Sawzall, making it a no brainier for us.

The chuck is tight, easy to change and the shoe has much better spring/shock absorption than the Milwaukee. Grip is pretty much the same, comfort too, neither one is better in that regard.

The Hilti may be slightly more comfortable if you don't have huge hands.

Just my $.02 if you want to buy a tank with a killer warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Try the Hilti. Not just fanboy stuff, but they have a 20 year warranty.

The Hilti recip is a beast. They don't look as pretty as the others but holy crap do they work. Head to a Hilti store and try it out, it's only a little of your time to find out.

I had the M18 Fuel recip before I switched to Hilti cordless. The Hilti is built to be beaten up on. Although the Milwaukee is brushless, you would never notice that the Hilti is not.

The Hilti corded are nothing short of bulletproof. We have 2x Hilti corded, one Dewalt and one Milwaukee. The Dewalt isn't even a contender sadly. The Milwaukee is very good, but for the money, Hilti has better performance and warranty. They have a one day turnaround, 20 year warranty.

Here in Canada, the Hilti retails for the exact same price as the Super Sawzall, making it a no brainier for us.

The chuck is tight, easy to change and the shoe has much better spring/shock absorption than the Milwaukee. Grip is pretty much the same, comfort too, neither one is better in that regard.

The Hilti may be slightly more comfortable if you don't have huge hands.

Just my $.02 if you want to buy a tank with a killer warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. According to their warranty page, the corded and cordless versions have what I guess is a lifetime warranty with any batteries having a 2 year warranty.

Hilti warrants that the tool supplied is free of defects

in material and workmanship. This warranty is valid

so long as the tool is operated and handled correctly,

cleaned and serviced properly and in accordance with

the Hilti Operating Instructions, and the technical

system is maintained. This means that only original

Hilti consumables, components and spare parts may

be used in the tool.

This warranty provides the free-of-charge repair or

replacement of defective parts only over the entire

lifespan of the tool. Parts requiring repair or replacement

as a result of normal wear and tear are not

covered by this warranty.

What gets me is that you have to follow service scedules but also use their consumables. So no Diablo blades or Milwaukee blades, only Hilti blades. that's a warranty that very few people will ever be able to cash in on.

What gets me is that you have to follow service scedules but also use their consumables. So no Diablo blades or Milwaukee blades, only Hilti blades. that's a warranty that very few people will ever be able to cash in on.

No, you don't have to use their consumables.

The warranty excludes consumables.

Recip saws are not covered by the wear and tear part.

Also, read this:

https://www.us.hilti.com/tool-warranty

Whatever you linked is completely incorrect.

Fleet service may require Hilti consumables but I honestly have no idea about that.

3 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Also, read this:

Fleet service may require Hilti consumables but I honestly have no idea about that.

Not covered on wear and tear?? I wonder why, that kind of made me chuckle a bit, how'd you break your saw sir?? Well I was just trying to cut this building literally in half with my Hiliti!! 

• Like 2

Not covered on wear and tear?? I wonder why, that kind of made me chuckle a bit, how'd you break your saw sir?? Well I was just trying to cut this building literally in half with my Hiliti!! 

Too funny!

I think a recip can get damaged pretty easily in the hands of a goon. Some guys just brute force their way through everything. It would be a nightmare to try to figure out what the actual cause was.

At least Hilti caps repairs at 30% of the retail. Knowing you'll never pay more than $75 to fix your saw is kind of nice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Too funny!

I think a recip can get damaged pretty easily in the hands of a goon. Some guys just brute force their way through everything. It would be a nightmare to try to figure out what the actual cause was.

At least Hilti caps repairs at 30% of the retail. Knowing you'll never pay more than $75 to fix your saw is kind of nice.

Thats not bad at all, yea you can really do some damage with a sawzall to the tool and the material if you have no regard.

23 hours ago, Dano123 said:

Milwaukee Super Sawzall

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Love the milwaukee super sawzall.....its "saws" all for sure. no really people this is the one you want. Or if you don't believe me buy this one and the one you think you should buy and let me know which is better. Just joking but seriously this is a good sawzall...this I know from experience

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RobertJenkins said:

Love the milwaukee super sawzall.....its "saws" all for sure. no really people this is the one you want. Or if you don't believe me buy this one and the one you think you should buy and let me know which is better. Just joking but seriously this is a good sawzall...this I know from experience

You'll come into your shop and your super sawzall will be standing over the runs of the pozer!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

You'll come into your shop and your super sawzall will be standing over the runs of the pozer!

Jimbo.....your verbiage is a bit beyond me......can't tell if that is a negative review on the milwaukee sawzall or just some weird rant lol

1 minute ago, RobertJenkins said:

Jimbo.....your verbiage is a bit beyond me......can't tell if that is a negative review on the milwaukee sawzall or just some weird rant lol

Lol, the super sawzall is a beast and will take out pretty much any other saw

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Also, read this:

Whatever I linked is completely incorrect? I COPIED AND PASTED the warranty info directly from the Hilti user manual. And it specifically says "consumables". Unless you are trying to tell me that their own warranty language isn't their warranty language.

Here is the manual for one of their recip saws. Check the warranty page. https://www.us.hilti.com/medias/sys_master/documents/h82/9078524936222/WSR_1000_PUB_5071339_000.pdf

I also pulled up a separate one earlier with the same language.

35d1a7bb75bea326fc0db51da02fcbe0.jpg3ee391293ced8dee528f58ca48d71d8a.jpg Ive had porter cable and dewalt(both good but not great), but this super sawzall has taken a beat down and still going strong 6 years later. Pros:I love the detachable cord, smooth cutting, super strong and 360 swivel handle with variable speed. Cons: the blade holding chuck gets jammed from time time and need to pull out the pliers/lube to release the blade.

d0823e2cb958cc6150f93f82c8c985d1.jpg My newest addition(just picked it up over the weekend) the sawzall fuel. Pros: strong smooth cutting, great ergonomics, quick blade chage latch, light and cordless. Cons: none

Well thats my 2 cents. I vote for the sawzall all the way.

After awhile, the blade release does foul up with dirt and dust, making it hard to move the handle. I just sprayed wd40 in there and it frees it right up, I think it makes it easier to move even from brand new

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MikeInCtown said:

Whatever I linked is completely incorrect? I COPIED AND PASTED the warranty info directly from the Hilti user manual. And it specifically says "consumables". Unless you are trying to tell me that their own warranty language isn't their warranty language.

Here is the manual for one of their recip saws. Check the warranty page. https://www.us.hilti.com/medias/sys_master/documents/h82/9078524936222/WSR_1000_PUB_5071339_000.pdf

I also pulled up a separate one earlier with the same language.

Also says saw is designed for professional use, so i can't use it to carve my pumpkins either??? WTF

• Like 1

After awhile, the blade release does foul up with dirt and dust, making it hard to move the handle. I just sprayed wd40 in there and it frees it right up, I think it makes it easier to move even from brand new

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I usually do but sometimes that wd makes it collect even more.