Best sawzall out there ?

SevenOddosFence

17 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Also says saw is designed for professional use, so i can't use it to carve my pumpkins either??? WTF

Ah yes i remember that, you destroyed your beautiful carving once using a sawzall, I see you haven't forgotten it LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Try the Hilti. Not just fanboy stuff, but they have a 20 year warranty.

The Hilti recip is a beast. They don't look as pretty as the others but holy crap do they work. Head to a Hilti store and try it out, it's only a little of your time to find out.

I had the M18 Fuel recip before I switched to Hilti cordless. The Hilti is built to be beaten up on. Although the Milwaukee is brushless, you would never notice that the Hilti is not.

The Hilti corded are nothing short of bulletproof. We have 2x Hilti corded, one Dewalt and one Milwaukee. The Dewalt isn't even a contender sadly. The Milwaukee is very good, but for the money, Hilti has better performance and warranty. They have a one day turnaround, 20 year warranty.

Here in Canada, the Hilti retails for the exact same price as the Super Sawzall, making it a no brainier for us.

The chuck is tight, easy to change and the shoe has much better spring/shock absorption than the Milwaukee. Grip is pretty much the same, comfort too, neither one is better in that regard.

The Hilti may be slightly more comfortable if you don't have huge hands.

Just my $.02 if you want to buy a tank with a killer warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to know, just wish I had a local store that had some Hilti tools to try out, I wouldn't dismiss the brand, just nothing here like you have for service and tools....

This is good to know, just wish I had a local store that had some Hilti tools to try out, I wouldn't dismiss the brand, just nothing here like you have for service and tools....

Being able to walk into a Hilti store and test rotary hammers by actually drilling a hole in concrete is pretty damn cool.

You can drill, saw, cut, fasten etc.

Makes a big difference.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Try the Hilti. Not just fanboy stuff, but they have a 20 year warranty.

The Hilti recip is a beast. They don't look as pretty as the others but holy crap do they work. Head to a Hilti store and try it out, it's only a little of your time to find out.

I had the M18 Fuel recip before I switched to Hilti cordless. The Hilti is built to be beaten up on. Although the Milwaukee is brushless, you would never notice that the Hilti is not.

The Hilti corded are nothing short of bulletproof. We have 2x Hilti corded, one Dewalt and one Milwaukee. The Dewalt isn't even a contender sadly. The Milwaukee is very good, but for the money, Hilti has better performance and warranty. They have a one day turnaround, 20 year warranty.

Here in Canada, the Hilti retails for the exact same price as the Super Sawzall, making it a no brainier for us.

The chuck is tight, easy to change and the shoe has much better spring/shock absorption than the Milwaukee. Grip is pretty much the same, comfort too, neither one is better in that regard.

The Hilti may be slightly more comfortable if you don't have huge hands.

Just my $.02 if you want to buy a tank with a killer warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model of corded Hilti are you talking about?

Used a hilti 36v yesterday that a plumber had on site. Now coming from using the makita 18v, the hilti was a beast of a machine. Ripped through nails and timber like butter. Has me thinking I'll get the new makita dual 18v rather than the single whenever they hit the market

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My Makita has done real good. It's the corded one. It's around 10 years old and it gets used at least once a week or two. And it's been run hard. And when I bought it it had the longest blade stroke of all the sawsalls. Resips. Or tied with a couple I think. Its been a long time since I have checked the specks of all them. You can't go wrong with Makita or Milwaukee in sawsalls.

Millerz

a2ee1f6a1e2aa2bb789f220117923939.jpg look familiar??? Maybe so and the specs are the same. Hhhmmmm i bet it's assembled by the same crew

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

They do look similar! Like almost every other recip saw!

The Hilti is almost 5 inches longer with a longer stroke length. (22.4" long vs makita 17 3/4")

Could be propaganda though, I wouldn't be surprised if one made it for other!

https://www.hilti.ca/cutting,-sawing-%26-grinding/sawing/reciprocating-saws/r929

http://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=tool&id=847&catid=3

8 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

The Hilti is almost 5 inches longer with a longer stroke length. (22.4" long vs makita 17 3/4")

https://www.hilti.ca/cutting,-sawing-%26-grinding/sawing/reciprocating-saws/r929

I've heard about this before and it's not surprising considering it's Hilti's lower end saw.  Their best saw on the other hand...

af6a2c5f-3eb7-4230-8833-47da213d8beb_300

that's not something you'll get anywhere else.  Only place I've seen it used is by rescue crews so I don't know how it compares to a Milwaukee supersawzall.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

If you look at the manual, the length and stroke length are identical. Apparently there are also several other Hilti tools made Makita as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Just saw that instagram too, interesting.

So Makita makes some tools for Hilti?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

could be the other way around too....i'm not surprised, what is there 455 different tire factories that make tires but there are thousands of brand names out there....

If you look at the manual, the length and stroke length are identical. Apparently there are also several other Hilti tools made Makita as well.

That makes sense, it also explains why I love Makita too!

Hilti rebranding Makita to fill the entry level stuff is a great idea, they killed off their old entry level recip saw (which wasn't very good) and there is quite a gap between the entry level and high end tiers.

We have 2x of the 1250's and they are ridiculous, you can switch off the orbital mode, but holy crap does it make a difference. Too bad the Makita rebrand isn't orbital.

• Like 1