Dewalt Brushless Planer review! DCP580

dwain

AWESOME review Dwain. Well, except for the separate collection bag, i'm stoked. I was hoping it would be standard to the tool cost as a bare unit, maybe it's different in the US release. Converting your cost for the kit to USD it's about $490. Yowza. Think I'll be considering not doing the full kit on that one, even though in the US it will likely come with either 2 or 4amp and not 5. 

I'm broke but I need this sooooooooooooooooo bad. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

AWESOME review Dwain. Well, except for the separate collection bag, i'm stoked. I was hoping it would be standard to the tool cost as a bare unit, maybe it's different in the US release. Converting your cost for the kit to USD it's about $490. Yowza. Think I'll be considering not doing the full kit on that one, even though in the US it will likely come with either 2 or 4amp and not 5. 

I'm broke but I need this sooooooooooooooooo bad. 

Same! But remember that kit came with 2 5AH batteries. I see the 2 packs of those 5AH batteries for $200

16 hours ago, indoorkite said:

Not going to include the Hitachi 18V Planer in the comparison?

I want to, but it's hard to get samples sometimes.

EDIT: They have sent one, so the Hitachi is in! Game on!

• Like 4

Do you know how big the pile of timber chips on my floor will be, after i totally drain 5 planers with 5 or 6ah batteries in 35mm pine? I'm crying just thinking about it...

Oh, and the testing is this weekend. Expect the video a week later or so (Sorry Hugh)

• Like 2