Plumbing P-trap

noops

I'm adding a washer and dryer to my place. I have everything worked out except my P-trap. The new laundry sits over a crawlspace which is how everything is plumbed. Can I put my P-trap in the crawl or is there a maximum length I can go? The shower is down here but it starts lower than the washer will. I'm doing a mechanical air vent. Any tips or tricks? It's all going on the surface. That's why I'd like to have it in the basement.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

My first floor bathroom has the sink trap in the basement, I don't see why it would matter. The job of a trap is to keep sewer gases from coming up plus acts as a clean out, I don't see why it would matter if it's a few inches lower. My 2 cents...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You need 2' between washing machine discharge hose and the trap, and the trap can be under the floor, which means there might be several feet before the trap, but thats fine. You should put your AAV up near the discharge pipe, which mean you need two pipes going through the floor. Although I'm not entirely sure you cant have the AAV under the floor, too.

Also, your best bet is to run 3" pipe from off the 2" trap to your nearest 3" drain, that's code and will prevent problems in other areas. And put the vent on the right side of the trap! Too many places think they know what they're doing and mess it up then wonder why they have sewer gas coming in ha

Also, your writing is confusing, you have a crawlspace and basement? You shower is lower? You mean the drain?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Basement is the crawlspace.

I'll put my P-trap just below the floor and then T above it for AAV and drain. This keep the AAV has high as possible - recommended to be at least 6" above the trap - and keeps the trap out of the way. From there will will tie into the main. I think it's bigger than 4" but maybe not. Certainly bigger than anything I typically deal with in the electrical world.

Thanks for the advice :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1