USB Port in BD Packs

JimboS1ice

Saw this on toolguyd, thought this was pretty cool to have them built right into the packs, smaller Ah pack though but maybe this will make it to the big boys.

http://toolguyd.com/black-decker-smartech-bluetooth-battery-with-usb/?utm_source=ToolGuyd+List&utm_campaign=0baffb8c17-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_64ed05eb8b-0baffb8c17-327951893

Black-Decker-Smartech-20V-Battery-Pack-with-USB-Port.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, hopefully migrate to a 4.0 and then to some different lines! Problem is having that in a pro grade tool might cause problems in a Dist filled environment. Great ideas though and B&D is starting to make some great advances in that homeowner niche.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Just needs a higher ah pack, my iPad would drain that puppy quick

Very true, but small steps in the right direction being able to use usb

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah, hopefully migrate to a 4.0 and then to some different lines! Problem is having that in a pro grade tool might cause problems in a Dist filled environment. Great ideas though and B&D is starting to make some great advances in that homeowner niche.

Yea all you need is a little masonry or concrete dust in that port and it can fry that whole pack

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea all you need is a little masonry or concrete dust in that port and it can fry that whole pack

Just dusted on my parade !!

still cool, just a little less practical now

The price premium is too much IMO. The difference in cost is about the same as the USB power adapters for Milwaukee...which obviously you can use on more than one battery. The drill with this battery is only $20 more so that may be the better deal, maybe you can sell the drill.

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

The price premium is too much IMO. The difference in cost is about the same as the USB power adapters for Milwaukee...which obviously you can use on more than one battery. The drill with this battery is only $20 more so that may be the better deal, maybe you can sell the drill.

Yea I agree for a usb connection that costs them maybe 3 dollars to put into the packs.  Also I don't see the need of bluetooth in a black and decker drill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea I agree for a usb connection that costs them maybe 3 dollars to put into the packs.  Also I don't see the need of bluetooth in a black and decker drill.

I don't think Bluetooth needs to be on any battery, a One Key type system is the ONLY reason a tool should have bluetooth. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

I don't think Bluetooth needs to be on any battery, a One Key type system is the ONLY reason a tool should have bluetooth. Just my opinion.

I can see the Dewalt packs from a contractor trying to track batteries... or one key, thats about it.

• Like 1