Wera Screwdrivers

FrosBros82

So I have read multiple posts on the Wera Screwdriver, I guess I would just like to know if they are really that good of a screwdriver? I guess in comparison to Klein, which is what I have now? Also, do most people purchase them online? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FB82

They rock man, the laser tips are the way to go, get a hold of Ryan from KC Tools, he's a forum member he will help you get the right kit and some stickers as well! The demo drivers with hex bolstering are a great option to but the laser tips will grab any screw. You may be able to save a few bucks from buying through amazon by you won't get the world class service like you get at KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

So I have read multiple posts on the Wera Screwdriver, I guess I would just like to know if they are really that good of a screwdriver? I guess in comparison to Klein, which is what I have now? Also, do most people purchase them online? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FB82

Any of the European brands are better in both wear and screw fit than Klein and it's not even close.

Honestly, I would rate Klein second or third to last out of these.

MRAVUcO.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Any of the European brands are better in both wear and screw fit than Klein and it's not even close.

Honestly, I would rate Klein second or third to last out of these.

MRAVUcO.jpg

Damn, well that's good to know. I appreciate the info!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

They rock man, the laser tips are the way to go, get a hold of Ryan from KC Tools, he's a forum member he will help you get the right kit and some stickers as well! The demo drivers with hex bolstering are a great option to but the laser tips will grab any screw. You may be able to save a few bucks from buying through amazon by you won't get the world class service like you get at KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Stickers are always a plus.... with that, I will make sure I send him a message to so I can get going in the right direction. Thanks again!

• Like 2

The one thing about Wera's to keep in mind is that the grip shape isn't for everyone, I find it comfortable. For slotted screwdrivers the lasertip is BY FAR the best tip, no more sliding sideways, it will actually stay on the tip.

I prefer the Gedore and Felo grips...sadly the Gedores just came off sale at KC Tool so they're now more than twice the price of the Wera's, about a week ago they were the same price.

If you get the Wera's and don't use the plastic holder, do NOT throw it away! You'll find a spot to mount a screwdriver rack regardless of what you put in it. At work I have HF screwdrivers in it for prying and loaning. At home I have Felo Torx screwdrivers in one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnonymousJoe said:

Man I always disliked the tips on Klein but never knew what else was out there or how bad they were in comparison. I'll have to try these out

Honestly, I'd rank the tips dead last out of the screwdrivers I posted. They're cut more like pozi than phillips. I think their steel and grip is better than others which is why I'd rank it better than the Craftsman...the tip on the Craftsman is cut better. The Tekton (Made in the USA) is shaped better but it lacks the finishing of the Klein.

Wera is also a lot lighter than the Klein so your bag will weigh less! Felo, Gedore(pricey), PB Swiss, Wera, Wiha and Witte are absolutely fantastic screwdrivers. I'd be surprised if anyone was unhappy with any of those compared to any USA screwdriver I've tried...the only USA driver I really need to try is Proto Duratek. I guess I could add Grace to that but everything I read is that they're not great, they're just the only screwdriver really marketed towards gunsmiths which is why a lot use them in that industry...sounds kinda like Klein.

On 7/1/2017 at 8:05 PM, The.Handyman said:

Don't rule out the USA made Tekton. They have a fantastic grip. Not sure about the tip durability.

I have tekton for my impact sockets and a few rackets. I like the brand, personally. They have help up fine for me and the cost is reasonable for what I want to spend. 

52 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

I have tekton for my impact sockets and a few rackets. I like the brand, personally. They have help up fine for me and the cost is reasonable for what I want to spend. 

Most of their products are Asian but they have some pliers and a screwdriver line made in the USA. The pliers appear to be made by Wilde, great pliers for the price. The screwdrivers are comfortable but the finishing isn't very good. Edges on the blades are sharp and need to be deburred. I cannot comment on durability either, I just don't use them very often. In my pic the Tekton is between Snap On and Wera.

• Like 1

My father gave me an old school paladin tools/wear kraft form its orange handled and i have 1 little Allen head newer wera man I want a set bad now I'm gonna have to get some bug don't know which ones  to get, maybe the black classics or the 1000v not sure yet .

Best screwdrivers I have used by far. Didn't know how shitty my stanley screwdrivers were before trying these ones.  They have a set now that comes in a quiver and are color coded.  Looks really handy :

http://products.wera.de/en/wera_2go_kraftform_2go_300.html

By the way, I use one of these quiver to store my screwdrivers. They attach to a wall or a bag via velcro pads. It's part of a new system called wera2go. I've put a strip of velcro on a wall and one on a mobile workbench. This way it's pretty easy to get all my screwdrivers when I'm working outside of my workshop. I just stick them to my table, which is nice because it saves some space. I plan to put one on a ladder as well.

Wera's are great drivers. i have a set but I ended up regulating them to my truck box because I found other drivers with more comfortable hand grips. I don't have any Felo but I have two styles of Witte, Wiha, and Gedore. Love the grips on all of them. They are all different. The Gedores are more rectangular. The Wiha's are more round, and the Witte's are triangular but super comfortable. Order a single driver or a set and see what feels the best for you. All the German brands I listed are great and you wont be dissapointed with them. I think I have pics of most of them standing horizontal while in a screw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Wera's are great drivers. i have a set but I ended up regulating them to my truck box because I found other drivers with more comfortable hand grips. I don't have any Felo but I have two styles of Witte, Wiha, and Gedore. Love the grips on all of them. They are all different. The Gedores are more rectangular. The Wiha's are more round, and the Witte's are triangular but super comfortable. Order a single driver or a set and see what feels the best for you. All the German brands I listed are great and you wont be dissapointed with them. I think I have pics of most of them standing horizontal while in a screw. 

Have you tried the Witte Maxxpro plus? I know you have the Napa set but the Maxxpro plus with the felt-like grip material is comfortableAF. Gedore is still my favorite followed by Felo Ergo.

• Like 1

Have you tried the Witte Maxxpro plus? I know you have the Napa set but the Maxxpro plus with the felt-like grip material is comfortableAF. Gedore is still my favorite followed by Felo Ergo.

I've tried them but I don't have them. They are nice. I really love the Witte grips. Witte drivers are very underrated. I wish their lineup was bigger. All three on the left are Witte next to a gedore. Yellow and blue are my main drivers. They are naps old drivers and you can still get sets of them for cheap. fa8021b38231921856a9f9ddc287e353.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rrich1 said:

I've tried them but I don't have them. They are nice. I really love the Witte grips. Witte drivers are very underrated. I wish their lineup was bigger. All three on the left are Witte next to a gedore. Yellow and blue are my main drivers. They are naps old drivers and you can still get sets of them for cheap. fa8021b38231921856a9f9ddc287e353.jpg

I didn't notice the Napas were different before...damn it, now I want them more and they're still in stock.

I agree, Witte is very good, both the Maxxpro and the Maxxpro plus. Knipex and Matco have a pretty good reason to source Witte as their OEM for screwdrivers.

• Like 1

I didn't notice the Napas were different before...damn it, now I want them more and they're still in stock.

I agree, Witte is very good, both the Maxxpro and the Maxxpro plus. Knipex and Matco have a pretty good reason to source Witte as their OEM for screwdrivers.

Haha. Now you have to get them. I actually found the best pricing for Witte sets at home Depot online.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Haha. Now you have to get them. I actually found the best pricing for Witte sets at home Depot online.

I haven't spent a dime on my Witte screwdrivers haha. The Maxxpro plus set came as individuals with SYW reward points. The Maxxpro insulated I ordered for like $9 plus SYW points and a coupon, they didn't ship for two weeks so I canceled and they refunded my card, points and gave me points for the coupon....then I got an email a couple days later saying the set was out of stock and they refunded me again, LOL....then a week or so later they showed up at my door. So I guess Sears paid me to have Witte screwdrivers? haha

I haven't spent a dime on my Witte screwdrivers haha. The Maxxpro plus set came as individuals with SYW reward points. The Maxxpro insulated I ordered for like $9 plus SYW points and a coupon, they didn't ship for two weeks so I canceled and they refunded my card, points and gave me points for the coupon....then I got an email a couple days later saying the set was out of stock and they refunded me again, LOL....then a week or so later they showed up at my door. So I guess Sears paid me to have Witte screwdrivers? haha

And that is why they are in the state they are in.