Oceania Release for v36 Rear Handle Saw and DTD171

muddychip

I went to New Zealand's Makita Roadshow yesterday and the reps said 36v Rear Handle Saw and DTD171 will release at the end of 2018.

The saw will have a dust port option, which can be useful but I would rather welcome a LED illuminaton for an extra cost.

At the drill station, DTD171 was driving 50-60mm Tek screws. The unit was overheating only an hour into hands-on-demonstration. WTF? It was not like tradies were lining up to test it.

From my peronsonal experience, I can drive hundreds of Tek screws for Joist Hangers and GIB Brackets without my old Makita impact drill gun overheating. I don't think the two LEDs on the body contribute to heating. Other factors involved? Who knows...

14 hours ago, muddychip said:

I went to New Zealand's Makita Roadshow yesterday and the reps said 36v Rear Handle Saw and DTD171 will release at the end of 2018.

The saw will have a dust port option, which can be useful but I would rather welcome a LED illuminaton for an extra cost.

At the drill station, DTD171 was driving 50-60mm Tek screws. The unit was overheating only an hour into hands-on-demonstration. WTF? It was not like tradies were lining up to test it.

From my peronsonal experience, I can drive hundreds of Tek screws for Joist Hangers and GIB Brackets without my old Makita impact drill gun overheating. I don't think the two LEDs on the body contribute to heating. Other factors involved? Who knows...

The rear handle with added dust port is for worldwide release. It will replace the current rear handle in North America 

23 minutes ago, Makita_2233 said:

The rear handle with added dust port is for worldwide release. It will replace the current rear handle in North America 

Maybe that’s why Home Depot was off loading the saw at a third of what they were asking for it shortl after introducing it.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:25 AM, muddychip said:

Did they have the new x2 bl mower ? Any of the new bl circ saws besides the rear handle ? Collated attachment ?

On 7/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, muddychip said:

Probably just that specific unit. The M18 Fuels I’ve had and the 887 Dewalt sink 6” for hours with no real problems (unless you touch bare skin to the housing. The brushless Makitas at work never skip a beat either. 

7 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Did they have the new x2 bl mower ? Any of the new bl circ saws besides the rear handle ? Collated attachment ?

They had a 36v mower but I am not sure about its model. I skipped the Gardening & Outdoor section. They had few smaller circular saws, all with vac attached. However, I think they were all prexisting saws like DHS680 & DHS710.

Collated screwgun was avaliable and very popular among tradies so I only observed from distance. The collated head was mainly plastic and it worked with a soft start. So it was most likely an attachment and not a built-in collated head like other Makita screwguns.

26 minutes ago, muddychip said:

They had a 36v mower but I am not sure about its model. I skipped the Gardening & Outdoor section. They had few smaller circular saws, all with vac attached. However, I think they were all prexisting saws like DHS680 & DHS710.

Collated screwgun was avaliable and very popular among tradies so I only observed from distance. The collated head was mainly plastic and it worked with a soft start. So it was most likely an attachment and not a built-in collated head like other Makita screwguns.

The new collated head is an attachment. You should of looked at the circ saw closer, I don’t think it was a dhs710. I’ll just say it’s an update of the 710. I can’t say 100% for sure because I wasn’t at the show I live in Australia but I heard a few weeks ago what they would be show casing  

• 2 weeks later...