Huge M18 Batteries... Make 5.0 look Tiny

olletsocmit

Yeah, I think they have been talking about them for a bit now. I'm not a Milwaukee cordless guy so I'm not sure if they are releasing yet. Some of the other guys will know. They look like some monsters though!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but I think XC, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 are all identical externally save for the markings. That photo you posted has a skewed perspective which makes them look a little different. The forthcoming 9.0 has an extra row of cells and will be significantly larger, fine for things like a mitersaw that sits in one place. I read somewhere the 6.0 and 9.0 will be available later this summer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryNY said:

I might be wrong but I think XC, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 are all identical externally save for the markings. That photo you posted has a skewed perspective which makes them look a little different. The forthcoming 9.0 has an extra row of cells and will be significantly larger, fine for things like a mitersaw that sits in one place. I read somewhere the 6.0 and 9.0 will be available later this summer...

my  XC's , 4.0's and 5.0 batteries all seem to be identical and by the looks of the 6.0 it will be coming in the same housing...the 9.0 will be bigger however....

the 6.0 and 9.0 batteries were supposed to be out in stores January 2016 from what i have read and the video's ....wtf is going on?

The 9.0s were intended to support the new SDS Max rotary hammer. The hammer hasn't made it out of the gates so that's why I'm guessing that the 9.0s are still awol.

23 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yikes! You guys pay a lot for tools

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its about the double of what the price in the US are for most of the Milwaukee tools, small market over here i guess....

But Milwaukee has started to get more and more popular here, so hopefully that will change.