What's your favorite 12v brushless line?

Nathan Valdez

32 minutes ago, kruton said:

Ok gotcha. I know I'm loving the 18v Metabo I've got so I thought about checking their 10.8 out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kruton, I ALMOST bought the 10.8v kit on Amazon UK. THEN.....I realized they don't have a compatible charger here in the US :(

• Like 1

Kruton, I ALMOST bought the 10.8v kit on Amazon UK. THEN.....I realized they don't have a compatible charger here in the US [emoji20]

Way to crush my dreams man! Thanks for the heads up, that must be why I can't find them for sale in the states.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kruton said:

Way to crush my dreams man! Thanks for the heads up, that must be why I can't find them for sale in the states.

Yeah sorry dude. I'm right there with you. Plus the kit, which was really not too expensive, had the right angle attachment that I love on my CXS

• Like 1

Yeah sorry dude. I'm right there with you. Plus the kit, which was really not too expensive, had the right angle attachment that I love on my CXS

I think they have the right angle attachment for the 18v quick models, but I'm not positive.

I think they have the right angle attachment for the 18v quick models, but I'm not positive.

2 minutes ago, kruton said:

Yeah, here is the one available here in the US

http://www.amazon.com/Metabo-631078000-Right-Angle-Drive/dp/B00069L9M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463184155&sr=8-1&keywords=Metabo+right+angle

i heard this one will also fit the Fein 18v drill that everybody got last year from the Tool Nut.

Yeah, here is the one available here in the US

http://www.amazon.com/Metabo-631078000-Right-Angle-Drive/dp/B00069L9M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463184155&sr=8-1&keywords=Metabo+right+angle

i heard this one will also fit the Fein 18v drill that everybody got last year from the Tool Nut.

Did you end up getting one of the Fein drills?

Just now, kruton said:

Did you end up getting one of the Fein drills?

Yup, I sure did. I gave it to my Dad for his birthday last year. Awesome drill, German made, on par with my T18. My T18 is smaller but the Fein is every bit a high quality, light weight machine with many high end functions. 

I love Milwaukee, but Bosch is THE choice in 12 volt for me. Like others said, the compactness and light weight aren't even touched by any other maker. M12 is a great line, comprehensive, powerful etc., but they're slightly stepped down versions of 18 volt tools, not a compact line of tools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yea Bosch is more compact but Milwaukee is pretty compact as well. Plus Milwaukee has the biggest 12v line in tools over everyone. So you get small tool with good power and then the line up is great. Everything from receip saws to circular saw to pvc cutters thermal imagers. Everything. The love the 12v line up. Drills and sawzall a I have the 18v but I also have the 12v pipe cutter, pvc cutter ,thermal imager, the blue tooth speaker and the spot light they have is better then there 18v light. 

I'm not sure I care so much about having any and every tool brushless. Don't get me wrong, I love my Milwaukee Fuel impact, hammer drill, sawzall and 7 1/4" circ saw, but I also love my brushed m12 tools too for what they do. My m12 tubing cutter and right angle impact have saved me so much time and headaches it doesn't matter one iota brushless or not what kind of motor they have. I actually like my brushed hacksawzall over the fuel model because its size is a little more manageable and if I really need power I'm gonna grab my full sized fuel sawzall anyway. I never even thought about it but the funny thing is currently all my m18 tools I own now are fuel (brushless) models and all the m12 tools I have are non-fuel ( brushed). Bosch makes great tools and if they have what you need all the better. I do like the breadth of milwaukees m12 line though, so many mainstream tools and niche tools that makes it easy for them to relieve you of so much extra cash you may or may not have lying around ? After having a right angle impact for a few weeks now I can't see how I ever got along without one. The m12 tubing cutter is fantastic, especially in renovating an old house where you can't always access things easily, but the right angle impact is useful in so many places and even makes a great screwdriver with its medium weight 600 in/lbs of torque and even a fantastic ratchet replacement for assembling things too...

• Like 1

I'm not sure I care so much about having any and every tool brushless. Don't get me wrong, I love my Milwaukee Fuel impact, hammer drill, sawzall and 7 1/4" circ saw, but I also love my brushed m12 tools too for what they do. My m12 tubing cutter and right angle impact have saved me so much time and headaches it doesn't matter one iota brushless or not what kind of motor they have. I actually like my brushed hacksawzall over the fuel model because its size is a little more manageable and if I really need power I'm gonna grab my full sized fuel sawzall anyway. I never even thought about it but the funny thing is currently all my m18 tools I own now are fuel (brushless) models and all the m12 tools I have are non-fuel ( brushed). Bosch makes great tools and if they have what you need all the better. I do like the breadth of milwaukees m12 line though, so many mainstream tools and niche tools that makes it easy for them to relieve you of so much extra cash you may or may not have lying around [emoji14] After having a right angle impact for a few weeks now I can't see how I ever got along without one. The m12 tubing cutter is fantastic, especially in renovating an old house where you can't always access things easily, but the right angle impact is useful in so many places and even makes a great screwdriver with its medium weight 600 in/lbs of torque and even a fantastic ratchet replacement for assembling things too...

I'm right there with you, I don't have any brushed m18 tools, I have a few in m12

13 hours ago, figureitout said:

I love Milwaukee, but Bosch is THE choice in 12 volt for me. Like others said, the compactness and light weight aren't even touched by any other maker. M12 is a great line, comprehensive, powerful etc., but they're slightly stepped down versions of 18 volt tools, not a compact line of tools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I'll tell you...my m12 Fuel hackzall sure came in handy when I needed to cut a 1/4" steel plate and be pretty precise, went right through it and I didn't need to grab the full size saw...saved me a lot of clean up grinding.

• Like 1