So it begins...

kruton

I heard someone rooting around in my toolbox and didn't think much about it. My wife is getting ready for our youngest sons 1 year old birthday party. I walk into her craft room and look on the island and there it sits...she stole my Dewalt glue gun! e2f85fd7ca4a4cafb726300d6df05e27.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

One thing I have to watch around here is when my wife goes for a tool and she explains what she wants to do with it... i cringe because it's totally not the right tool for the job. Then i go get the right tool and explain for example that she must not use tin snips to cut 10 gauge solid steel wire, that will ruin them for the job they were designed to do. So i'm glad she at least checked with me first ha

• Like 4

The unmitigated audacity!!!!!!! Taking from your toolbox???????? FOR THE JOY OF A CHILD???????? What is this world coming to I implore of thee????

Chris, glue guns are a gateway tool. The next thing you know she will have my welder and circular saw in there. It's a vicious cycle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oh boy gateway tools are just the beginning I saw a report on nbc. Intervention immediately is my only advice before it's too late. Get as many close friends yours and hers and bring her in and just let her know how much you love her. That this is for her own good. I wish you the best of luck. I hope it only gets better

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

Y'all are going about this all wrong. Encourage the behavior and fuel her addiction. Then all the gifts you buy "for her" can be tools and she'll let you get away with spending all your money on tools.

I wish my wife would even attempt to use tools.  Let her keep it and get another lol. Then lock it up.

Scary part is how they try to use tools sometimes, like turn a good flat head into a ice chisel

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Scary part is how they try to use tools sometimes, like turn a good flat head into a ice chisel

At least they look pretty doing it. I just gotta put up with the guys I work with misusing my tools, but it doesn't matter if they misuse them because once they pick them up I know I'll never see them again. Buncha pricks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

At least they look pretty doing it. I just gotta put up with the guys I work with misusing my tools, but it doesn't matter if they misuse them because once they pick them up I know I'll never see them again. Buncha pricks.

ive worked with guys like that,not cool to mess with a dudes tools.  In the shop thats when the grease gun and shrink wrap come out to play, shrink wrap is amazingly strong when its wrapped around itself hundreds of times. in the field you gotta use ingenuity to get them back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fazzman said:

ive worked with guys like that,not cool to mess with a dudes tools.  In the shop thats when the grease gun and shrink wrap come out to play, shrink wrap is amazingly strong when its wrapped around itself hundreds of times. in the field you gotta use ingenuity to get them back.

Yeah, the problem I have is that I work solo now keeping the dairy running and so I'm the only one with tools and that's fine because I work alone with my tools, only thing company provides is a PEX gun, welder, and torch. Then there is the farm half of the company that is based out of a different town that runs out of the main shop. All the tools there are provided by the company. So when the farm guys come to the dairy when hay is on the ground they just decide everything is everybody's  and don't give a shit about it like at the farm shop and any tools they can get at end up back at the farm shop so I have to be careful that everything is locked up when they are around. They'll even ask me for a tool and I'll give it to them and they assure me Il get it right back. I never see it again or find it lying in the dirt somewhere. I don't loan tools anymore.

• Like 6

On May 23, 2016 at 0:30 PM, Stercorarius said:

Old Testement justice, man. You only have to cut the right hand off of a few dozen before word gets around....

• Like 2