A$$hole Milwaukee Tool Rep

khariV

So if the guy was driving his personal vehicle would you have put this much effort into contacting the police or highway patrol? I get that this guy broke the law and I have road rage as well, but what do you really expect to happen here? You taking pictures and video while driving is just as dangerous as texting in my book...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe nothing at all will come of it.  People driving commercial vehicles for a living - yes, I put this much effort into shaming.  I once had a similar experience with a Philadelphia SEPTA bus driver.  I did manage to get him on video texting and flipping me off.  He no longer is employed by SEPTA.

As far as me being just as dangerous - I wasn't staring at the phone.  I was watching the road, which is why I didn't chase after him and road rage brake check him.

Whatever, if everyone here think's I'm the jerk, I'll just delete this post and go away.

I guess I am just content with yelling at bad drivers and flipping the bird occasionally. I have never felt the need to go to this level just to make a point. I will call local police if I see a drunk driver, but that is a different story.

I agree that texting and driving is dangerous though...

I guess I am just content with yelling at bad drivers and flipping the bird occasionally. I have never felt the need to go to this level just to make a point. I will call local police if I see a drunk driver, but that is a different story.

I agree that texting and driving is dangerous though...

Companies have incredibly strict rules about driving safety on company time.  It's one of the few things they can really easily fire people for.  A friend's coworker got fired for talking on the phone without a hands-free mechanism as he was driving through the security gate for a complex.

Few months ago I got cut off pretty bad by a Comcast van and the guy was driving like a total dick, unlucky for him he had a big yellow sticker on his ass with a phone number to call to rate his driving!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I didn't see the OP, but as a guy who frequently works on or near roads, I really hate people who text or talk while driving. And how fricking dumb do you have to be to drive like a jack wagon with your boss's phone number on the side of the truck?

So I was really and truly pissed off at the initial response to this thread, which is why I deleted the post and took a week to cool down so that I didn't come on here to feed the troll.

Long story short - Milwaukee rep driving and texting and doing around 95 MPH in traffic.  I called Milwaukee to report it and got nowhere.  I come on here and I'm right away told that I was at fault for witnessing it and road raging to take a picture of his license plate to report him.  

The bottom line however is I refuse to be shamed and chased away.  I did nothing wrong and I'm doing my part maybe to make the roads a little bit safer.  If anyone can't deal with that, feel free to PM me and we can have it out in private.  If anyone else knows a better way to report this to Milwaukee, please also let me know as this guy shouldn't get away with this extremely unsafe behavior.

thanks

kdv

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

By chance was there a report this driver placard on the truck? I've done that for a Comcast van driving like a dick lord

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate when people text/talk on their phone and drive!

From an outside perspective, I don't think you should feel shamed or unwelcomed. There were just some voiced opinions and questions towards you. I genuinely don't think there was any negative intent. I definitely hope you stick around :)

• Like 2

I think the feeling shamed was just a bit of a misunderstanding with Dano.  He definitely has a point that a lot of people text and drive on their own time so why bother with this guy just because it's on company time.  That's definitely a good comparison in some cases where someone is just driving a company vehicle occasionally.

The problem is for people who are driving constantly for their job and there isn't a distinct line but it's worth the distinction.  When one of these guys is texting on the road it's not a quick "20min" to say when he'll be home, he's having a conversation because his job is driving and that can get boring.  A couple seconds of not paying attention turns into hours a day.  The same sort of thing goes for pretty much every bad driving practice from speeding to road rage.  That's why they have those stickers with a phone number, and that's why it's important to stop situations like this more than some bloke telling his wife he's stuck in traffic.

• Like 1

Maybe we should all be required to put our phone numbers on our vehicles.

Well I drive a company vehicle which has all that info plastered all over, there have been some people call in about some ridiculous things, made me roll my eyes. Once I was backing up a little to pull out of a place and a lady called in like i was going to back into her ha

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Well I drive a company vehicle which has all that info plastered all over, there have been some people call in about some ridiculous things, made me roll my eyes. Once I was backing up a little to pull out of a place and a lady called in like i was going to back into her ha

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep. I also drive a company vehicle that has a huge vinyl wrap with our company logo, phone number, and website. People definitely call and sometimes it sure feels like someone just trying to get something for nothing. I also remember when I was selling my personal truck and wrote the phone number real big on the windows... I was MUCH more conscientious about my driving.

• Like 1