Flexvolt

jswoger1986

Your 100% right individually they aren't just for someone that needs to try to get a bunch of tools in a short period of time. I'm already in the makita line so it's not the end of the world and I'm now at a one at a time point luckily. I just recently also bought into the dewalt line. If I go for a flex volt tool it will probably be the resip saw I think they released with it since the makita is on its way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha that didn't take long. Couldn't help but notice Dewalts competition in the circular saw was the Milwaukee. Jib jab

Everything they were going against was Milwaukee, at least Milwaukee had the courtesy so paint the tools white and not point out other brands.

Jimbo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Everything they were going against was Milwaukee, at least Milwaukee had the courtesy so paint the tools white and not point out other brands.

Jimbo

I guess that M18 High Demand 9.0 poster that keeps getting shared pokes a hole in that statement. DeWALT has some products they are offering in the new line that Milwaukee doesn't have a comparable product, just like Milwaukee has a lot of products in their 12V line that DeWALT doesn't have an answer for.

With this line's introduction, I can see the possibility of the 40V line being solely for outdoor power equipment or possibly losing support like the the old 24 and 36 volt lines. Too many contractors still have a lot of tools from the old 18V XRP line out there, so I can't see them cutting support for it any time soon. 5 or 10 years down the road, who knows? I really don't know how many real advantages the bigger, bulkier tools offer like the 56 pound miter saw or the 8 1/4" table saw (Why  8 1/4"? It limits the blade choices too much). Then again I am a guy who really likes the DWE7491, but really can't justify buying one when my  DW744 is still running strong. I still have a lot of the 18V XRP line of tools and won't be replacing them any time soon. If anything some of the old tired batteries will get overhauled. I do have a few tools in the 12V MAX line, but that was because I got great deals on them and would rather carry them up and down a ladder than the older 18V XRP hammer drill. I know I could have went with Milwaukee on those, but if items are close, tie always goes to DeWALT for me, because I have a service center within 30 miles.  

• Like 1

I guess that M18 High Demand 9.0 poster that keeps getting shared pokes a hole in that statement. DeWALT has some products they are offering in the new line that Milwaukee doesn't have a comparable product, just like Milwaukee has a lot of products in their 12V line that DeWALT doesn't have an answer for.

With this line's introduction, I can see the possibility of the 40V line being solely for outdoor power equipment or possibly losing support like the the old 24 and 36 volt lines. Too many contractors still have a lot of tools from the old 18V XRP line out there, so I can't see them cutting support for it any time soon. 5 or 10 years down the road, who knows? I really don't know how many real advantages the bigger, bulkier tools offer like the 56 pound miter saw or the 8 1/4" table saw (Why  8 1/4"? It limits the blade choices too much). Then again I am a guy who really likes the DWE7491, but really can't justify buying one when my  DW744 is still running strong. I still have a lot of the 18V XRP line of tools and won't be replacing them any time soon. If anything some of the old tired batteries will get overhauled. I do have a few tools in the 12V MAX line, but that was because I got great deals on them and would rather carry them up and down a ladder than the older 18V XRP hammer drill. I know I could have went with Milwaukee on those, but if items are close, tie always goes to DeWALT for me, because I have a service center within 30 miles.  

Yea I hear that I don't like when brands call each other out by that's what everyone does one way or the other just felt like Dewalt had a hard on for Milwaukee users with their event.

Now the 40v line I hope they don't do something stupid to piss people off because they released a 60v brushless chainsaw today, don't know if you saw that. I'm just being bitter because all along I wanted brushless tools well they released them but now they want me to buy new batteries for them too? It's like the xrp switch all over I get technology changes but the thing I like Milwaukee and Makita do is keep the pack the same, the 9.0 will go in any tool and Makita, although the chip controversy, their 18x2 line down at leave your packs stranded.

All biased opinions aside they released a great set of tools today that may be the most powerful on the market which is awesome, great for Dewalt. Okay I'm going back to being Jimbo grumpy... Lol when it comes down to it they were comparing 60v tools to 18v tools, then damn new yellows better win you know?

Jimbo

• Like 3

I remember when the last big tool releases happened. Dewalt was bashing Milwaukee, Milwaukee was bashing Dewalt.....Milwaukee and Dewalt were bashing Makita, Bosch was in the corner crying cause Mommy and Daddy were fighting. But you know who stood tall? F-E-S-T-O-O-L!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, it was pretty nasty through. Truthfully, Milwaukee has a great lineup. So does Dewalt. I think that this new 60v lineup is amazing and the use of two 60v batteries to power their miter? Genius. Clearly derived from MAKITA who did it first with their X2 lineup! Dewalt clearly took a look at this genius idea and then?.....Dewalt stepped it up by adding AC power to their saw. I said it when Milwaukee launched their miter saw....they should've added AC power. Having a cordless miter saw for the job site, that can be used in the shop with a direct power supply was smart. I mean.....I said so!!!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BababooeyHTJ said:

Odd that they aren't using 18650 cells. Issues with heat or output on current 3ah 18650 cells?

Yep I believe their current output is the issue, which raises questions on the 6Ah batteries from Bosch, Hitachi, Milwaukee etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwain said:

Yep I believe their current output is the issue, which raises questions on the 6Ah batteries from Bosch, Hitachi, Milwaukee etc.

Font have to raise questions. Bosch's 6 amp batteries are good for drill drivers, who do not draw high enough amps to tax the cells. Put the 6 amp on their grinder and see your runtime be less then a 5 amp because of internal resistance.

Its been proven on YouTube before

1 hour ago, kornomaniac said:

Put the 6 amp on their grinder and see your runtime be less then a 5 amp because of internal resistance.

Its been proven on YouTube before

I did not know that!! Thanks korno...

Makes me wonder if the Bosch and Hitachi planer runtimes might have been longer on a 5Ah battery in my planer comparison! Planing is a fairly high-draw activity! AND if they might have felt more powerful too...

• Like 1