My wife is tearing out the carpet in the house!!!

KnarlyCarl

And she asked me for tools to help in her endeavor! ? Couldn't believe it haha! .... except she didn't think it important to put them away...hum

IMG_20160623_221449118

I took a kobalt side cutter, needle nose, a vise grip needle nose, Milwaukee 11 in 1 screwdriver, a hammer, and gloves, put them in a bag that I wasn't using and that was her carpet tearout kit ha

I didn't want to do this right now, but she said it smelled funny and couldn't take any longer. She said I didn't have to help, but I felt sorry for her trying to pull staples out with just a screwdriver.

Hopefully the floor underneath will suffice until we decide if we want carpet back in there or not... maybe I'll refinish the wood floor and leave it like that...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Well, looks like she (cough cough You) have a project on your hands. 

keep is posted. Hardwood is always nice 

Weeeell it's actually pine tongue and groove, and painted in lead paint probably. Also she loves having carpet so I may not be able to convince her otherwise.....

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Weeeell it's actually pine tongue and groove, and painted in lead paint probably. Also she loves having carpet so I may not be able to convince her otherwise.....

I only see one photo up top but I sure don't see any paint on the floor, just wood grain. ???

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 9:43 AM, LarryS said:

I would have to agree with you.

Refinish the floors and see how she likes it. Just get some area rugs for some of the areas.

Wellll, I don't know... it's pretty rough after she tore it up.... and it's pine flooring, still usable though, just have to think this one through and inspect it closely for other areas that might make it difficult to redo...

IMG_20160702_113740500

IMG_20160702_113759591

IMG_20160702_113818792

• Like 1

You could sand it to see how much the floor would sand down. If it is not too bad then you could do like Brian said.  

Maybe after you sand you could make some sort of repair to the floor to make it work??