DCF813 12-Volt vs DCF883 20-Volt MAX

WigWagWorkshop

Good Day Crew!

I am looking for some opinions from the crew. My son has taken to working on his truck, so I thought I would buy him a new Impact Wrench.  Obviously the 20v has more ft/lbs of torque, roughly 1100 vs 1500.  Do you feel its worth the price difference to get him the 20v max?  He got a bad deal on the Chevy 1500 he bought, and had to send it to the scrap yard.  He's in the process of buying another truck, and I thought it would be nice to get him a new tool.

-Steven

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

I would buy him the 20v because he can add to the line later. DeWalts 12v line is dead.

My choice would be the M12 line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Idea, has he does have a 20v Drill Driver and 20v Impact Driver. My only reason for thinking of the 12v model is the price difference, and if it would be powerful enough.

I did have a look at the Milwaukee line, and that might be a consideration for an Impact Wrench.  That being said, it does not have to be DeWalt, I just want to get him some sort of Impact Wrench, has he is really enjoying working on vehicles. 

It really does me proud, to watch him work on his vehicle, has he figures out what is wrong, and how to resolve the problem.

Wigwag.... Great gift ....

i have the 20v max at home and it is pretty bad **s.... At work we use the old NIcad version of the 12v, however that is also pretty good for what it is....

by going the 20vroute, he can also expand into other/newer tools that share the battery platform ...

i recommend the 20v

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

Good Idea, has he does have a 20v Drill Driver and 20v Impact Driver. My only reason for thinking of the 12v model is the price difference, and if it would be powerful enough.

I did have a look at the Milwaukee line, and that might be a consideration for an Impact Wrench.  That being said, it does not have to be DeWalt, I just want to get him some sort of Impact Wrench, has he is really enjoying working on vehicles. 

It really does me proud, to watch him work on his vehicle, has he figures out what is wrong, and how to resolve the problem.

I have the Milwaukee fuel 3/8 impact and it has performed flawlessly for me. Since you said he already has dewalt stuff I would wait until they release the new 20v brushless 3/8 impact. It only has 150 ft lbs though. If you have deep enough pockets I would get him the new ingersoll rand 3/8 that  TIA did the video on recently. 

• Like 1