Flexvolt Closeup

RickyMcGrath

21 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Or at least a power adapter option.

If they did you would have needed 2 different power supplies one for 60V and one for 120V.. I look at the two saws and they seem backward to me, at least the way I use a table saw versus a miter saw. When I use a miter saw I spin it up make a cut and let it stop, move board  and do it again. 15-30 seconds of run time at a crack. On the table saw it seems like I am always using it to rip boards, it doesn't mater whether it is plywood or 1X or 2X, I always have it running for a couple of minutes at a crack, usually making all the cuts at a specific width, shut it down move the fence and make the cuts or dadoes at that setting. I think they would have been better served had they gone with a 10 inch blade and dual batteries on the table saw. Realistically though I probably would never buy one. One of the smaller cordless miter saws might be in the future should I need to do a big trim job and need to carry it from room to room. I already have a big sliding compound miter saw and cord or not I don't want to drag it around unless it is on a rolling stand.

22 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

If they did you would have needed 2 different power supplies one for 60V and one for 120V.. I look at the two saws and they seem backward to me, at least the way I use a table saw versus a miter saw. When I use a miter saw I spin it up make a cut and let it stop, move board  and do it again. 15-30 seconds of run time at a crack. On the table saw it seems like I am always using it to rip boards, it doesn't mater whether it is plywood or 1X or 2X, I always have it running for a couple of minutes at a crack, usually making all the cuts at a specific width, shut it down move the fence and make the cuts or dadoes at that setting. I think they would have been better served had they gone with a 10 inch blade and dual batteries on the table saw. Realistically though I probably would never buy one. One of the smaller cordless miter saws might be in the future should I need to do a big trim job and need to carry it from room to room. I already have a big sliding compound miter saw and cord or not I don't want to drag it around unless it is on a rolling stand.

True I always have my table saw running for longer periods of time. The first thing I said when I heard that the miter saw was 120V and table saw was 60V was, "They both should be 120V!"

They should seriously consider that. I wouldn't be surprised if they have one come out when the new tools become available in the Fall.

The Miter saw "adapter" isn't what you think it is. It has a 110v plug built in to the module similar to a computer tower cord. The bulky plastic is merely to cover or protect the terminals on the saw because there aren't any batteries inserted.

Personally I'm okay with it. I would have been even more frustrated had they done the smaller blade with 120v because 10in is industry standard and the blades more readily available/universal with other tools already in possession. 

At least this way they can now produce a 120v model with a 10in blade in the future and benefit from both I guess. 

Personally I'm always pushing my table saw FAR harder than I ever push a miter saw. I wonder if heat buildup with 120v might have been part of the reason they held back.