Bits for a completely different purpose

KnarlyCarl

As you may know, I'm a big fan of using Instagram. Here's a good example why:

This is where I found out about these incredible useful bits, they are called Flaring Spin or Swaging Spin bits for HVAC guys.

I convinced my boss to buy us guys a couple sets, and I've been using them recently on jobs (I know I'm supposed to be plumbing, but the HVAC work is swamped right now, and summer means AC needs to be working for people)

SSPIN300-SPEED-376x440.png

They don't look like much I know, but if you have ever tried to swag or flare K copper, this will blow your mind!!

s300-300x180.png

Flaring::

And Swaging

SCREW THIS!!  SCREW THIS ALL THE WAY BACK TO ITS MISERABLE INVENTION!!

SCREW THIS TOO!!

..These are absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if it's advised, but trust me, I'm going to be trying these bits on L copper water lines, too!!

On a related not, I have a couple ridgid flaring tools and a hydraulic swaging kit for sale LOL

• Like 4

That's an awesome idea, flaring sets are expensive as hell and this makes it automatic and I'm sure cheaper. It's not quite as precision but it normally at this size you don't need it to be...it's not brake lines.

I'll probably never need them but thanks for sharing anyway, love to see innovative ideas. Also, love your IG posts, I don't do plumbing so it's nice to see your trade, I always learn something or get a laugh.

• Like 1