Dewalt 3/8 brushless impact

OhioFarmer

Hey guys new user here. Found this forum today and I have to say it's pretty awesome. Back to my question though does anyone know anything about Dewalt's plans for a 20 volt 3/8 brushless impact wrench? My neighbor has a Milwaukee Fuel 3/8 impact and I absolutely love the thing. I wish Dewalt would get on the ball. If there's one thing about them I dislike it's that they take forever to release tools that they should've had ages ago.

• Like 2

welcome to the forum Ohio. I think you'll find that all the manufacturers have different gaps in their lines. That said, I know they have a brushed 3/8", and a new high torque 1/2". I don't know of any plans for an XR compact impact but I imagine they won't stop at one impact. 

I've got the high torque brushless 1/2" and its a beast. I've changed semi tires with it. Most times working on equipment I don't need one that heavy though. I'm sure they'll come out with one it's just a matter of time. Until then I'll keep waiting lol

I've got the high torque brushless 1/2" and its a beast. I've changed semi tires with it. Most times working on equipment I don't need one that heavy though. I'm sure they'll come out with one it's just a matter of time. Until then I'll keep waiting lol

Dewalt users have been waiting, same on a brushless blade left circ saw, part reason of my migration to red

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Lol a lot of waiting on brushless from Dewalt until they announced FlexVolt. I think it was just last year they were saying it didn't make a big difference for run time w regards to circ saws. 

Yea... okay... sounds like something when a person that loses the race says winning doesn't matter..

• Like 1

On 8/11/2016 at 9:07 PM, Bremon said:

Lol a lot of waiting on brushless from Dewalt until they announced FlexVolt. I think it was just last year they were saying it didn't make a big difference for run time w regards to circ saws. 

And now that's all they're focused on.... So much so that they forgot a few features like rafter hooks and other things.. . I think it would have been incredible if they made their recip saw with their 4 way blade design AND put orbital function on it as well!!!

On 8/11/2016 at 5:42 PM, OhioFarmer said:

We run a compact Milwaukee fuel impact in all the swathers and they are life savers. It would be super nice if DeWalt would get with the program so I could have one on my main battery platform. Right now I run the big DCF899H and the M12 fuel impact wrench and ratchet and a Kobalt 24v 3/8 impact wrench. Between those and hand tools and a ton of 18mm sockets and 7018 rod I'm pretty well covered for most breakdowns.

18 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

We run a compact Milwaukee fuel impact in all the swathers and they are life savers. It would be super nice if DeWalt would get with the program so I could have one on my main battery platform. Right now I run the big DCF899H and the M12 fuel impact wrench and ratchet and a Kobalt 24v 3/8 impact wrench. Between those and hand tools and a ton of 18mm sockets and 7018 rod I'm pretty well covered for most breakdowns.

They did come out with one but like Jimbo said it isn't as powerful as the m18 wrench. They just swapped a 3/8 anvil into one of the brushless impact drivers. I think they said 150 ft lbs at the flex volt event.

23 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

And now that's all they're focused on.... So much so that they forgot a few features like rafter hooks and other things.. . I think it would have been incredible if they made their recip saw with their 4 way blade design AND put orbital function on it as well!!!

I would love to see how you could  put an orbital function with the 4 way blade design. I can just see it now, set it on orbital and have the blade on sideways and watch it flop up and down. I think it would take some serious engineering to pull that one off.

I think you would just have to pick on or the other maybe give them slightly different model numbers so you could tell the difference.

Edited by Grumpy MSG

Just now, Grumpy MSG said:

I would love to see how you could  put an orbital function with the 4 way blade design. I can just see it now, set it on orbital and have the blade on sideways and watch it flop up and down. I think it would take some serious engineering to pull that one off.

Well obviously have a dial like the corded sawzall has to turn that function off when not needed.....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

I don't know why I thought you bought the kobalt 1/2" impact wrench.....

3 hours ago, NicholasShetley said:

They did come out with one but like Jimbo said it isn't as powerful as the m18 wrench. They just swapped a 3/8 anvil into one of the brushless impact drivers. I think they said 150 ft lbs at the flex volt event.

Yeah I saw that just now. Less torque than that Kobalt. They also have a few from Mac IIRC.