18v grinder fight Milwaukee v Makita

JimboS1ice

Interesting video. The 9.0 should help the M18 grinders. Really looking forward to the FlexVolt and despite not really needing a grinder much, I'll likely buy it because I like the added safety features it has. Glad the Makita had more jam, nothing more disappointing with new tools than when they aren't better than what's already available. Thanks Jimbo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Interesting video. The 9.0 should help the M18 grinders. Really looking forward to the FlexVolt and despite not really needing a grinder much, I'll likely buy it because I like the added safety features it has. Glad the Makita had more jam, nothing more disappointing with new tools than when they aren't better than what's already available. Thanks Jimbo!

Both Makita and Milwaukee have new available braking grinders

Just now, Bremon said:

Yeah, and Milwaukee wants $100 extra for the bare tool over the new FlexVolt version, which is only $20-30 more than the old Fuel. Brookfield HQ can shove that stinky price back up where they pulled it out of. 

Making you pay for safety, I know its an osha thing but just bury the disc.. thats what we do with our K12 saws at the fire department 

Yeah I agree with you on that technique Jimbo. Seems scummy to pay extra for safety features though. I like the e-clutch the Dewalt supposedly has as well. I'll stick with my 2740, I'll wait until one of those tool toss-in sales for FlexVolt makes its way north of the border haha. 

I think the problem with cuts was probably just switching sides.  I've made some cuts that look like beavers learned to gnaw through steel when it's an odd angle.  It's still BS that you can't move the guard where you want it.

I wonder why Makita decided to make that grinder 4-1/2 inch in the US and 5 inch elsewhere when it has more power than the 5 inch Milwaukee.

• Like 1

I can't watch Jimbo's video right now, but I don't think the Makita has more power, i think it has a little less (see our previous comparison of the two). Both are FANTASTIC though, don't get me wrong.

• Like 1

I think the problem with cuts was probably just switching sides.  I've made some cuts that look like beavers learned to gnaw through steel when it's an odd angle.  It's still BS that you can't move the guard where you want it.

I wonder why Makita decided to make that grinder 4-1/2 inch in the US and 5 inch elsewhere when it has more power than the 5 inch Milwaukee.

Yea it's a major thumb down in my opinion, granted its a matter of getting comfortable with the tool as well but I'll take some pictures showing a little better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk