Question for kapex owners

rrich1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

Do people with a kapex saw change their blades to Freud's or another brand? I never see different blades in them online. Do they use their own arbor therefore not interchangeable? Are kapex blades better than Freud?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Festool blades are really good Rich but I got a Freud stacked Dado and haven't switched blades, they are actually really great quality and are easy to get re sharpened but I've been really interested in going with Forrest.

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Also the Kapex has a 30mm arbor so switching blades can be a little bit harder to find from other manufacturers.

yes the model NO. I provided comes with a 30MM arbor, from Freud

https://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/freud-lcl6m01051-bore-saw-blade-pid42180.html?source=webgains&siteid=87979

16 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Nice. If you can find them at your local store that's good too! My woodcraft has them also but not at my HD store

speaking of Forrest blades, if that guy off of Graigslist  buys my left Kidney like he said he would I will order 1

(guy wants me to ship it before he pays??? something fishy there)....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, comp56 said:

speaking of Forrest blades, if that guy off of Graigslist  buys my left Kidney like he said he would I will order 1

(guy wants me to ship it before he pays??? something fishy there)....

Hahaha there's a reason why I haven't bought a Chop Master$$$$$

41 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Im curious what reason Festool marketing gives for making it incompatible with most blades. More precise? Better engagement? Make sure users get the most out of their saw by only using blades optimized to work synergistically with the saw?

Festool is German bro! Metric system over there!

• Like 1

In an internet shopping age it really isn't a big deal. Have a backup that is sharp and when you change blades send the dull one to the sharpener.

The Dewalt tracksaws in Europe use metric arbors as well. Festool just decided not to change their arbor sizes.

Mafells are the same way.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, overanalyze said:

In an internet shopping age it really isn't a big deal. Have a backup that is sharp and when you change blades send the dull one to the sharpener.

The Dewalt tracksaws in Europe use metric arbors as well. Festool just decided not to change their arbor sizes.

Mafells are the same way.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Andrew!!!!!!!! How the heck are you!!!???

• Like 1