hitachi triple hammer

joemontague

How can you look at that page of tools and not see it screaming Makita? The angle grinders are identical, saws, impacts, hammer drill, multitool etc. slight change to battery slide lock, but the batteries are even assembled the same as a Makita with the same screws and shape!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

How can you look at that page of tools and not see it screaming Makita? The angle grinders are identical, saws, impacts, hammer drill, multitool etc. slight change to battery slide lock, but the batteries are even assembled the same as a Makita with the same screws and shape!

If anything the fifty impact drivers should make you think Makita.

• Like 4

I own it and wrote areview on their US website and on amazon. It's the most powerful impact I've seen and the third anvil really cuts down on the vibration. The charger included in the kit is even faster than Makita's and the case itself is terrific; it's a double-decker storage case with a compartment for the tool/batteries and another for bits/smaller accessories. The fact that it's also IP56 rated solidifies it as the best impact on the market, in addition to its third hammer. Thus far its handled everything I've thrown at it yet has the precision to handle delicate wood work. 

• Like 2

Please don't screw up metabo please don't screw up metabo

They were probably getting Makita to make stuff for them. Now that they have other avenues available. They will probably have some dramatic changes coming.

Too funny, it's even got the plastic cowl like the DTD170. Battery model numbers are the same, they just added an S to the Hitachi.

The charger looks like they flipped a standard Makita charger around and put the cord on the front.

http://www.hitachi-koki.co.jp/powertools/pro/drill/wh18ddl2/wh18ddl2.html

Wait, is that bad or good?

Apple releases 2 phones a year.
Samsung releases over 50 different models. Some are even free of explosions.

Depends when's the last time you bought an impact driver? If it's within 3 weeks your screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I don't believe a lot will change at all for Metabo. They sit fairly seperate and plan to continue to do so. But YES let's hope they don't stuff it up.! Also considering metabo is pushing so hard with new BEASTS of cordless tools and Hitachi isn't then i think we can see Metabo will be the premium of the two for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't believe a lot will change at all for Metabo. They sit fairly seperate and plan to continue to do so. But YES let's hope they don't stuff it up.! Also considering metabo is pushing so hard with new BEASTS of cordless tools and Hitachi isn't then i think we can see Metabo will be the premium of the two for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hitachi seems to be retooling their designs. I believe they are getting away from their funky designs and going more sleek with sharper lines and less "curves". The new impact and the second gen 12" slider saw demonstrate this. I believe they will continue to redesign their stuff to appeal to more people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Hitachi seems to be retooling their designs. I believe they are getting away from their funky designs and going more sleek with sharper lines and less "curves". The new impact and the second gen 12" slider saw demonstrate this. I believe they will continue to redesign their stuff to appeal to more people.

Oh god some of Hitachi's designs from the mid 2000's they looked like something an alien monster had not power tools!!

• Like 3

Oh god some of Hitachi's designs from the mid 2000's they looked like something an alien monster had not power tools!!

Agreed. Really bad and dated. Screamed cheap. Their saws and air tools are great but their power tools always seemed to lack. I think they seem to have realized that and are offering more brushless tools.