Milwaukee are you listening..

glass

Table saw now!  fence better be as good as dewalt. If its cordless it better take 2 batteries and have big heouvos. Match dewalt and make a corded adapter for the big high demand m18 fuel tools. Why? well one is set up in the shop or on a big job one can plug in and save the batteries as their life is finite and dust control is easier. I am really liking that dewalt battery run generator, do not let that go buy uncontested. Routers, more now please. The few you make are good but we need plunge routers. Scrap the nail guns and update the noses. Smaller is better and MUST be able to set nails at an angle ! no exceptions. Finally DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE ON THE ESERVICE JUST MAKE IT WORK FOR ALL NO EXCEPTIONS !

• Like 1

I'm sure adding a few more !!! might make them jump faster.

There is only so much demand for the products you mention and at a price point for which you want features, there is less demand. I'm sure if their router line was selling like gangbusters then they would introduce more. Why not just ask for an M18 bicycle with a tool case on the handlebars?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pancing said:

I believe Dewalt holds the patent to the Corded power adapter AND the stick battery to slide battery adapter as well. So I'm not sure how milwaukee will get around that.

Patents are pretty specific. I doubt that they would have received a patent for all corded to battery adapters just based on the fact that there are other companies out there making these so the patent would have been denied based on prior art.  I don't doubt that they have lots of patents covering their innovation, including the 60v to 20v step down transformer inside of the battery, but a patent on the fact that you can plug it in seems a stretch.  (I'm more than happy to be proven wrong on this one)

1 minute ago, khariV said:

Patents are pretty specific. I doubt that they would have received a patent for all corded to battery adapters just based on the fact that there are other companies out there making these so the patent would have been denied based on prior art.  I don't doubt that they have lots of patents covering their innovation, including the 60v to 20v step down transformer inside of the battery, but a patent on the fact that you can plug it in seems a stretch.  (I'm more than happy to be proven wrong on this one)

yeah they are specific but milwaukee has the Lithium Ion battery patent so I'm sure other companies will find a way to get around it and dewalt will defend their patent.

19 hours ago, glass said:

So asking for Milwaukee elicits a smart as comment. Really.  It's a tool company. They make woodworking tools.  Just make a dam table saw. The nail guns need a redesign. I would like to see you on that bike you propose. 

You said "Table saw now! " That isn't asking, it's just being rude. And just because they make some woodworking tools, doesn't mean they need to make a "damn table saw" There actually needs to be enough demand to do so, which their marketing department would know a lot more about than you would.

Let's take it down a notch. 

On topic, I'd expect a brushless multitool and jigsaw before a table saw. I also suspect we won't see any type of adapter for corded power on any of the existing tools. The nail gun redesign is probably 5 years away; they're probably too busy patting themselves on the back to notice any complaints about them. 

• Like 2

He's just the resident nit picker, Kato the resident prick, a few cynical others such as Hugh, etc, I expected Mike to speak his mind pretty freely about this topic, no surprise there LOL

@kato you need to put that in your signature!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'd like them to crank out a corded table saw and learn from any mistakes on that before a cordless option, Milwaukee has never made one, thing that makes dewalt a table and miter so well is many models of tweaking and perfecting, I'd love a BL jig and OMT and a trim router may not be far behind we've seen ryobi and ridgid release tools before the Milwaukee variants come out i.e. Nailers

(The resident help you spend your pay check and saved pennies guy) (and occasionally sarcastic and dirty humored)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2