20V caulk gun

Rtorres092382

Evening TIA crew, a few weeks back Dan and Eric put out a video of the new 20V caulk gun.  Do any of you black and yellow insiders know when these would be available for purchase either online or at a big box store? I've got a big bathroom project that I've been putting off ever since I saw that gun at the Dewalt media event and needless to say my wife's patience is getting thin.

Evening TIA crew, a few weeks back Dan and Eric put out a video of the new 20V caulk gun.  Do any of you black and yellow insiders know when these would be available for purchase either online or at a big box store? I've got a big bathroom project that I've been putting off ever since I saw that gun at the Dewalt media event and needless to say my wife's patience is getting thin.

They're available on a few online retailers right now. Go to DeWalt.com and navigate to the tool you want and select "Buy Now" and it will show you who has it.

I bought it and returned it.

Why, it has nearly zero improvements over the 18v version. This is mainly to do with weight, it is heavy. I doubt the bare tool weighs any less than the 18v one. The LED is nearly useless, an afterthought. Sure it has the ergonomic grip of the 20v, but it was just way too heavy for me. Why wasn't a brushless motor used to save weight?

I bought it and returned it.

Why, it has nearly zero improvements over the 18v version. This is mainly to do with weight, it is heavy. I doubt the bare tool weighs any less than the 18v one. The LED is nearly useless, an afterthought. Sure it has the ergonomic grip of the 20v, but it was just way too heavy for me. Why wasn't a brushless motor used to save weight?

Yea it looks pretty bulky, personally I'd opt for the m12 variant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/17/2016 at 2:12 PM, jkeating3 said:

18V seems like overkill... 10.8V should be enough for a caulking gun

For regular tubes of caulk, probably yes. However for the large tubes of super thick gasket sealant, the M18 really shines. I was replacing the ropes on the door and glass gaskets of my wood stove and the black goo you use to seal and adhere the ropes is incredibly thick, so I was glad to have the extra power. I've also heard tales of windshield sealant that's even harder to push, especially when you've got to do it in the winter. 

• Like 1

Yep, no way I'd get the M12 unless my job was to use a small amount of caulking with low viscosity. If I wanted to keep it light for small jobs I'd buy a manual gun for 20% of the price. If you're doing enough to justify a powered unit M18 and 20v Max have the power to do it all. I've gone through dozens of tubes in a day of various sealants etc. at work with a manual gun and it really takes a toll on your hands. 

On 11/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Bremon said:

Yep, no way I'd get the M12 unless my job was to use a small amount of caulking with low viscosity. If I wanted to keep it light for small jobs I'd buy a manual gun for 20% of the price. If you're doing enough to justify a powered unit M18 and 20v Max have the power to do it all. I've gone through dozens of tubes in a day of various sealants etc. at work with a manual gun and it really takes a toll on your hands. 

Definitely agree there, I have the m12 and it works great for my needs! Thickest stuff I put through it was liquid nails, did perfectly fine, but I can see wanting the m18 variant.

When it's cold out, the m12 doesn't like to work right away. I have to pull the trigger and hold it and wait about 3 seconds and then it responds. It works find then, might be just my unit though....

• 3 years later...
21 hours ago, Thanosisright79 said:

Can this be used for bulk loading fire caulking from a 5 gallon pail? I'm also using a follow plate going through about 15 gallons a day

I do believe they have a sausage/bulk gun make sure you do your research 

On 6/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, Thanosisright79 said:

Can this be used for bulk loading fire caulking from a 5 gallon pail? I'm also using a follow plate going through about 15 gallons a day

I don’t think the sausage tube can be used for bulk loading.  The plunging rod head doesn’t form a watertight seal with the casing.  Seems like it’d get messy fast.

That being said, I have all the kits to swap between sizes on my gun and especially love using sausage tubes with it. 

• Thanks 1