Makita vs Dewalt plunge saws

AJB

As title

Interested in buying a plunge saw.

would like people's views on the differences and any experience with Makita or Dewalt plunge saws and the rails

ps. Before any asks, I haven't the budget for Festool. So please don't go off on one about how good they are

As title

Interested in buying a plunge saw.

would like people's views on the differences and any experience with Makita or Dewalt plunge saws and the rails

ps. Before any asks, I haven't the budget for Festool. So please don't go off on one about how good they are

Hold out for the flex volt tracksaw! Cordless [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makita is just like the festool, but with more capacity, scoring feature, and anti tip feature. Downsides too short of a cord, more difficult blade change. The Dewalt has same capacity as Makita. I love it's plunge action. Downside is need screwdriver to eliminate slop to rail, not tool less. The rail for 8' sheets is oddly too short, must do a plunge to cut full length. Dewalt quick clamps for rail are awesome. 

• Like 1

Have you actually used one? The coolest feature they have in common, in my opinion, is the 1400w motor with same no-load speeds. If you watch video reviews of both, you will see many more similarities than differences.

I don't care about slightly slower blade change, the Bosch is very simple. Also don't care about the micro depth adjust, or scoring feature. Certainly not enough to justify the price premium.

As it sits, for $300 less than I would have paid for the Festool setup, including longer rails that I feel have a superior build and connection system, I'm VERY impressed, honestly. :)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, wildroamer said:

Have you actually used one? The coolest feature they have in common, in my opinion, is the 1400w motor with same no-load speeds. If you watch video reviews of both, you will see many more similarities than differences.

I don't care about slightly slower blade change, the Bosch is very simple. Also don't care about the micro depth adjust, or scoring feature. Certainly not enough to justify the price premium.

As it sits, for $300 less than I would have paid for the Festool setup, including longer rails that I feel have a superior build and connection system, I'm VERY impressed, honestly. :)

where did you order yours from ?

I actually have Yes :) we sell them in our store :) problem here in belgium that's typically Bosch's: they ask alot higher price then other brands.   If the price would be about thesame as the makita's/dewalts then Sure. But it's nearing Festool price is belgium.

So it's not a bad Saw. It IS a less interesting Saw for the money Bosch asks in belgium unfortunately :/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Ah, gotcha. For me, I saved over $300 compared to a similar Festool setup that would have given me about a foot less in rail length.

Cheers!

Todd, where did you get it and how do you deal with Euro electrical as opposed to US standards? The Bosch is a phenomenal machine and uses a re branded Mafell rail. I love my Festool, it's a beautiful machine but the Bosch is also quite wonderful.

• Like 1

All I did was swap the euro cord out for a 2-pronger. It's 110 volt so no worries there, and since it has a universal motor, as opposed to an induction motor, the frequency difference doesn't really matter.

I would have been all over the Festool, but really have my eyes on a domino for my first big green purchase, and felt I got a pretty screaming deal on the Bosch. 

Toolstop UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildroamer said:

All I did was swap the euro cord out for a 2-pronger. It's 110 volt so no worries there, and since it has a universal motor, as opposed to an induction motor, the frequency difference doesn't really matter.

I would have been all over the Festool, but really have my eyes on a domino for my first big green purchase, and felt I got a pretty screaming deal on the Bosch. 

Toolstop UK.

Did they hit you on import fees?