Milwaukee OPE available from pre-order

JimboS1ice

On 12/20/2016 at 7:21 PM, Daniel Julian said:

I noticed 2 string trimmer heads on acmetools.com. Trying to figure out the difference. One costs twice as much and I'm guessing is a quick loading head, where the cheaper one probably has to manually wrap the string around. 

Model #s 

Got confirmation from AcmeTools that NEITHER is a speed-load head. The more expensive one is the entire head assembly and the cheaper one is just the inside piece.

Also, noticed today that the 2726-20, bare tool hedge trimmer shows up on homedepot.com, but none of the others (or kits). I'm sure they will pop up soon.

AcmeTools.com still has the better deals. Today only, you can still get the $20 off anything over $100 and free gloves with any Milwaukee OPE purchase, free shipping over $199 and no tax.

I almost preordered the blower bare tool last night. I need a blower but between the Festool Pro 5 preorder fiasco and the fact that come January there will probably be snow on the ground I'm holding off until Spring. The blower and string trimmer are both on my to buy list though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 1:19 PM, Daniel Julian said:

Got confirmation from AcmeTools that NEITHER is a speed-load head. The more expensive one is the entire head assembly and the cheaper one is just the inside piece.

Also, noticed today that the 2726-20, bare tool hedge trimmer shows up on homedepot.com, but none of the others (or kits). I'm sure they will pop up soon.

AcmeTools.com still has the better deals. Today only, you can still get the $20 off anything over $100 and free gloves with any Milwaukee OPE purchase, free shipping over $199 and no tax.

If your in Michigan you get shafted with sales tax at acme for some reason!!

If your in Michigan you get shafted with sales tax at acme for some reason!!

They have sales people in Michigan that are actively selling to customers so they have to charge sales tax even though they have no physical stores there.

Q12. Will I be charged sales tax?
We are only required to collect sales tax for orders that ship to the six states where we either have stores or have salespeople actively selling to customers. Those six states are: North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, Michigan and Wisconsin.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jtkendall said:

They have sales people in Michigan that are actively selling to customers so they have to charge sales tax even though they have no physical stores there.

Another reason to live in the great state of Texas!

• Like 1

So because they have a freaking sales guy in Michigan I get hit with sales tax that freaking sucks!!! We have 6% sales tax here so any %of gets screwed pretty hard already!! How do I encourage this person to leave Michigan?

Maybe if you bought the blower kit you could blow him away...if he's sitting in a chair...and it has wheels...and if the ground was sloped.

13 hours ago, DR99 said:

So because they have a freaking sales guy in Michigan I get hit with sales tax that freaking sucks!!! We have 6% sales tax here so any %of gets screwed pretty hard already!! How do I encourage this person to leave Michigan?

Yep that sucks... Wonder if there are multiple sales people and where they are located...?

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...