Milwaukee OPE available from pre-order

JimboS1ice

18 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

72e1ef4085776dbaf30ea7f28fbbc86a.png

Preorder from acme! Not too fond of the kit prices though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's a pricing error, but the trimmer is $100 more for a 9.0 and a fast charger.  That's a decent deal. 

5 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I hope they don't fall in the same trap as Makita OPE.  Any of those bare tools you can get the EGO equivalent with a battery for the same price and open up a well established and more complete OPE line.

Edit: I misread prices so the hedge trimmers are the same price but I think the point stands.

I'm with you on that Jeff, I'm already invested in the Makita 18V/36V line, but have not made the jump to their 5ah/6ah batteries yet. The Ego line looks like a good product and to be honest I wouldn't mind jumping into that battery platform to save some money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

Good deal at AcmeTool.com... $10 off $150, $25 off $250, $50 off $300. If you get any of the OPE kits for $299 and add some small item to push it over $300, then you can get the $50 off and free shipping. Not bad! Promo code HOHOHO. And you get the free $20 gloves!

tempting there! brings it almost to the price of the 9.0 saw kits and thats a good deal in it self 

That string trimmer kit seems like a good deal, with sale pricing it's going to be really reasonable. I'm not sure if they'll compete with 56V EGOs, we'll see...but if you're not in the EGO lineup already, the Milwaukee coming close might be a good buy. I do wish Milwaukee would have store Makita's X2 idea...but that may hurt the perception of the HD batteries.

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

Anyone notice the famous Milwaukee 5 year warranty is 3 years on the OPE as listed on the Milwaukee site. 

I see a 3 year battery warranty in the string trimmer but I can't find anything on the tool warranty. The blower and hedge trimmer both show a 3 year tool warranty. Odd.