new member in tools in action

grampage

Hey finally decided to join the forum. I watch the youtube channel all the time. I do a lot of handy work around the house and Im going to school to become an electrician. Im also working on converting my garage into a workshop for woodworking and probably more. I must admit tools make the world go round.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for adding me.  Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah everyone!  It seems like a lifetime ago (actually it is) that I started in the building trades.  I was only 14 when someone gave me a go-fer job.  When I was 19 I started helping people from our church that were in need of some handyman work.  That's when my true appreciation for tools came in to play.  I didn't have any and neither did these elderly folks; well, at least not much of what I needed to get the job done.  At the age of 21 I became a licensed contractor with very few tools.  Then, an injury from an accident put me out of business and I sold a lot of my tools just to keep things going for my family.  Now, I'm able to move around and do household repairs, but I don't have my big tools that I had when I was a contractor.  I'm slowly renovating the house we bought 3 years ago and once again I'm finding that the right tools help get the job done properly.  I do have a passion for tools.

November, 2011.jpeg