When UPS screws the pooch

JMG

Had a package from International Tool go walkabout two weeks ago...

Anderson, IN, United States 12/09/2016 8:14 A.M. Out For Delivery
  12/09/2016 7:47 A.M. Arrival Scan
Indianapolis, IN, United States 12/09/2016 6:50 A.M. Departure Scan
  12/09/2016 1:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Addison, IL, United States 12/08/2016 7:41 P.M. Departure Scan
  12/08/2016 1:31 P.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/08/2016 12:42 P.M. Departure Scan
  12/08/2016 12:37 P.M. Arrival Scan
Cerritos, CA, United States 12/06/2016 4:47 A.M. Departure Scan
Vernon, CA, United States 12/05/2016 9:35 P.M. Departure Scan
Lauderhill, FL, United States 11/28/2016 6:38 P.M. Origin Scan
  11/28/2016 2:27 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 11/25/2016 3:53 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Been more than ten years since something like this has happened to me dealing with UPS. Last time the package was classed as lost and ended up showing up on my doorstep the same day as the replacement. Tracking wasn't as good back then as it is these days, I guess...

(I should note that I posted this more because of how unusual it is for me to have a problem with UPS than not.)

Edited by JMG
  • Like 2

I've always had good luck with UPS. Now FedEx is a different story. I cringe when I order something that's coming through them. I've dealt with lost packages, broken items, and once they failed to deliver a package 3 days in a row due to "road conditions" when it was 55* and not a drop of snow or rain in sight. 5 days in transit when I paid for 2 Day shipping. I ended up having to drive to the distribution center in Ohio to get it because I couldn't wait for it any longer. I got part of my shipping cost back....7 months later ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

I've always had good luck with UPS. Now FedEx is a different story. I cringe when I order something that's coming through them. I've dealt with lost packages, broken items, and once they failed to deliver a package 3 days in a row due to "road conditions" when it was 55* and not a drop of snow or rain in sight. 5 days in transit when I paid for 2 Day shipping. I ended up having to drive to the distribution center in Ohio to get it because I couldn't wait for it any longer. I got part of my shipping cost back....7 months later ?

I too cringe when I see someone ship FedEx. My shop in Florida was located on a two block long street that had a similar name to a road in the next county. FedEx routinely labeled my shipments as non-deliverable, even though the local driver knew me by name. It was astounding that the idiots at the local distribution center could not even be bothered to use something like map-quest before rejecting the package. There really is a difference between avenue and road, ya know... zip codes too.

I have to agree with you gentleman. Delivery service as of late has consistently dropped in quality in recent years. The people they hire can give a sh*t less about your stuff and then when you call they sound as if you're interrupting their talk show they were watching. I was on the phone with an Amazon rep and a usps rep last night for 2 hours all because the usps rep couldn't understand the Amazon rep reading the tracking number. Beyond frustrating all to be told it was a machine error and my order should be coming Tuesday. Incredible how such people are allowed to handle some very expensive and precious items. 

this is what happens when we let it happen, what happen to ok kids dad is going to go get some supplies with the wagon, be back in a week or so.....Tommy you remember you look after your mother proper son.....

• Like 2

My worst FedEx delivery experience happened last year around this time of year when I ordered a wood kitchen and table for my kids.  FedEx (ground) had hired morons to deliver to my town.  They tried every single day for three weeks to deliver the boxes.  Every day there was a new delivery exception and a new excuse.  Here's a quick rundown:

1. Couldn't find address (I sent them a printout from google maps to the supervisor to print out)

2. Couldn't get into driveway - fence locked.  (We have no fence)

3. Couldn't delver - dog in yard (no dogs live here)

4. Couldn't find subdivision (don't live in a subdivision)

5. Couldn't find street in subdivision (see #4)

6. No room on front porch (Deck is 9' x 35' - wtf?)

7. No secure location to leave package (we live in the woods down a 350' driveway - NO ONE is going to steal anything down here)

8. Address incorrect (this one was a classic as it was trotted out several times)

Eventually, the FedEx supervisor put the boxes into the back of his pick up and drove them to my house on his way home.  FedEx regular delivery guys are great.  The seasonal contractors that they hire in December are idiots.

and yet fedex here for me anyway over the years is like clock work if it is out for delivery with fedex, I can go to my door at 9:59 AM and I will see the truck coming up the street......every time.

Canada Post on the other hand will say out for delivery on their tracking for 3 days and will show up the minute I leave the yard.......every time.....like the bugger waits for me to leave....then I get a slip that I have to wait until next day to go get.....

Every Amazon purchase in the last couple months has been several days late and on the tracking number all it ever says is "package left seller facility" The thing that irritates me about it is they clearly say "guaranteed delivery by Monday" and then on Tuesday it says "expected delivery by Monday" where is the fucking guarantee? How can they even advertise as "guaranteed"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

I've never had problems with any shipping company but I may not order as much stuff as you guys.

I guess I'm the same. I get a few things in a row, but not often enough to have trouble. One item needed a signature, FedEx stuck the note to sign on my backdoor. I signed it, left it for him to get the next day, and I come home to the package delivered. That's been the most work I've had to do.

I have sent a package before to @BMack37 by USPS and supposedly it got lost, but then a couple days later (or not even) it shows up! 

Good luck to all of you this holiday season making short notice purchases, hopefully you can contain your rage hhahah

Fortunately I haven't had any issues with ups or fed ex shipping on time, but I'm also in the middle of the country everything pretty much comes through Chicago, there are so many ups and fed ex facilities in my area it's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk