20v mitre saw with Diablo blade ?

Craigh9916

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Upon further reading I'm not sure this information is correct anymore. At one time Avanti was made by Freud. However, it appears Avanti may be owned by HD and produced under contract by someone else. I will research this further and report back.

I am reasonably sure that whoever is making the Avanti blades is the same OEM for the stock Dewalt blades though. 

Upon further research, I believe the Avanti blades are indeed still a Freud product. 

10 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Personally, I prefer a 60T at minimum on a miter saw and typically run an 80T. Depends on what you're doing though.

The stock Dewalt blades are made by Avanti which is a Freud product, just a lower grade option. 

You really can't beat a Diablo blade. Forrest blades are top notch, but they have a top notch price as well.

A 7 1/4 inch miter saw wouldn't need that high a tooth count to achieve the same results as a 10 or 12 inch miter saw. smaller diameter means smaller circumference which means closer tooth spacing.

6 hours ago, Pouet said:

A FV battery would just increase the runtime. The motor always run at 20V.

Because of the parallel circuitry while running as a 20 volt it may maintain a slightly higher voltage while cutting than a standard battery. Therefor it might maintain RPMs a little better, Think of it like hooking a truck with big 12V battery to jump start a little car with a little dying battery, it will crank faster a whole lot longer, instead of starting to slow down after 10 seconds it will keep spinning fast.

2 hours ago, Mordekyle said:

Be that as it may, it has more power.

I can tell you from experience that the FV battery makes the saw run better.

I didn't expect it to, ("The motor always run (sic) at 20v.") but it does. I thought it would run the same, but it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. It's probably because the high capacity battery has a lower internal resistance. So under a big load, where you draw a lot of current, the voltage start to drop and this happens more significantly with a smaller battery.

30 minutes ago, Grumpy MSG said:

A 7 1/4 inch miter saw wouldn't need that high a tooth count to achieve the same results as a 10 or 12 inch miter saw. smaller diameter means smaller circumference which means closer tooth spacing.

Because of the parallel circuitry while running as a 20 volt it may maintain a slightly higher voltage while cutting than a standard battery. Therefor it might maintain RPMs a little better, Think of it like hooking a truck with big 12V battery to jump start a little car with a little dying battery, it will crank faster a whole lot longer, instead of starting to slow down after 10 seconds it will keep spinning fast.

You're right. I didn't pay any attention that it was a 7-1/4" saw we were talking about.