20v mitre saw with Diablo blade ?

Craigh9916

What I was asking was because its a cordless saw does it cope ok with a Diablo blade that's thicker and not designed for a cordless saw ? I put Freud blades in my corded metabo and love them but just wondered if the 20v cuts ok with a thicker Freud blade compared to the thinner one it comes with but I take it it does do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The diablos I have claim better run time for cordless, which blade do you have?

Well I haven't bought one for this saw yet and the 24 tooth one I'm looking at is the LP30M but it's not made for cordless I don't think and it's 2.4mm thick not 1.6mm like the dewalt comes with but knowing Freud blades I bet it cuts well

1 hour ago, Craigh9916 said:

What I was asking was because its a cordless saw does it cope ok with a Diablo blade that's thicker and not designed for a cordless saw ? I put Freud blades in my corded metabo and love them but just wondered if the 20v cuts ok with a thicker Freud blade compared to the thinner one it comes with but I take it it does do

I think that as long as you take your time with the cut and don't jam the blade into the wood you will be fine. You just won't get as long of a run time with the thicker blade.

I think that as long as you take your time with the cut and don't jam the blade into the wood you will be fine. You just won't get as long of a run time with the thicker blade.

Yeah that's what I was thinking , the only reason I ask is people keep saying how dewalt blades are not very good so because I haven't received the saw yet was thinking of ordering a Freud blade as they are always very good

Just now, Craigh9916 said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking , the only reason I ask is people keep saying how dewalt blades are not very good so because I haven't received the saw yet was thinking of ordering a Freud blade as they are always very good

Dewalt blades are decent for construction applications but they don't compare to Freuds quality. You wont regret buying a Freud. Swap the blades out and hold onto the stock blade just in case.

Dewalt blades are decent for construction applications but they don't compare to Freuds quality. You wont regret buying a Freud. Swap the blades out and hold onto the stock blade just in case.

Yeah I think I will do that plus the dewalt one can be used for cutting things like pvc and leave the Freud for clean wood

• Like 1

Personally, I prefer a 60T at minimum on a miter saw and typically run an 80T. Depends on what you're doing though.

The stock Dewalt blades are made by Avanti which is a Freud product, just a lower grade option. 

You really can't beat a Diablo blade. Forrest blades are top notch, but they have a top notch price as well.

• Like 1

Making, buying or stealing a zero clearance insert for a miter saw will provide better quality cuts, if you don't have one can't make one or can't buy one just adjust height of blade stops and use a thin sacrificial board 

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

Making, buying or stealing a zero clearance insert for a miter saw will provide better quality cuts, if you don't have one can't make one or can't buy one just adjust height of blade stops and use a thin sacrificial board 

Thats been on my to-do list for a while now

Personally, I prefer a 60T at minimum on a miter saw and typically run an 80T. Depends on what you're doing though.

The stock Dewalt blades are made by Avanti which is a Freud product, just a lower grade option. 

You really can't beat a Diablo blade. Forrest blades are top notch, but they have a top notch price as well.

That's interesting because Bosch own Freud so that means that bosch basically supply dewalt there blades !

I got this saw and I'm using a 40t Diablo blade. It works great. I was using the Dewalt 40t at first but I was getting too many tearouts while cutting cedar panels. The cuts are a lot cleaner with the Diablo blade. I like Dewalt tools but not their blades. It's worth getting a Diablo blade in my opinion.

I know my 20v 6 1/2 circular saw runs awesome with a flexvolt battery. It powers through cuts that would bind with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery.

Although I have the 20v miter, I haven't had the opportunity to try it with the FV battery. I imagine it may do the same. It is a bit slow/underpowered with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery. Now, I'm curious. . .

11 minutes ago, Mordekyle said:

I know my 20v 6 1/2 circular saw runs awesome with a flexvolt battery. It powers through cuts that would bind with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery.

Although I have the 20v miter, I haven't had the opportunity to try it with the FV battery. I imagine it may do the same. It is a bit slow/underpowered with a 4.0 or 5.0 battery. Now, I'm curious. . .

A FV battery would just increase the runtime. The motor always run at 20V.

1 hour ago, Craigh9916 said:

That's interesting because Bosch own Freud so that means that bosch basically supply dewalt there blades !

Upon further reading I'm not sure this information is correct anymore. At one time Avanti was made by Freud. However, it appears Avanti may be owned by HD and produced under contract by someone else. I will research this further and report back.

I am reasonably sure that whoever is making the Avanti blades is the same OEM for the stock Dewalt blades though. 

A FV battery would just increase the runtime. The motor always run at 20V.

Be that as it may, it has more power.

I can tell you from experience that the FV battery makes the saw run better.

I didn't expect it to, ("The motor always run (sic) at 20v.") but it does. I thought it would run the same, but it doesn't.