Hard Times In West Virginia

Conductor562

She can't sing though, and I'm not about to move to Canada for Elisha.

200w.gif

Plus my divorce settlement from Taylor is going to buy me so much proto.

I'd move to Canada for Elisha! [emoji23] was rolling at the divorce part! I always tell my sister that a Anna Kendrick is going to be my first ex-wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

When me an my dad were making aragnments for my grandmas funereal the money end was sickening. I mean I get frusterated with healthcare costs but funeral costs are just as bad.

She was gonna be cremated so we were able to rent a casket for the service. They replace the fabric lined but it still gross I think. We chose a fairly basic casket an liner. That alone cost 2500 bucks. 

Honestly I could care less for funeral homes. There salesman use people's hard times to make a quik buck. I know it's just another bussniess type but I still don't like it.

Personally I don't want a funeral. I just wana go in peace. Also I think there's better uses for the money. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

When me an my dad were making aragnments for my grandmas funereal the money end was sickening. I mean I get frusterated with healthcare costs but funeral costs are just as bad.

She was gonna be cremated so we were able to rent a casket for the service. They replace the fabric lined but it still gross I think. We chose a fairly basic casket an liner. That alone cost 2500 bucks. 

Honestly I could care less for funeral homes. There salesman use people's hard times to make a quik buck. I know it's just another bussniess type but I still don't like it.

Personally I don't want a funeral. I just wana go in peace. Also I think there's better uses for the money. 

It is sickening. The mark-up on a funeral is unreal and outpaces nearly every other industry. Mrs. Conductor and I have family in the funeral business on both sides. They'll never tell you an exact figure, but I know for sure higher end caskets have 400-500% mark-up and I'd be willing to bet every other product and service they offer is the same way. 

• Like 2

Good planning well ahead of time, please. Last thing I want my kids to have to deal with is what to do with me when I die. No casket, no viewing, it will be an excellent cadaver somewhere, maybe harvest my organs, then dump me in a body farm. 

My parents are still alive and well in there late 80,s.They recently purchased there own Head stone some call them tomb stones.It is nice but it set them back $7500.00.My Aunt recently died and prepaid her funeral a few months before passing.The casket alone was $8000.00 nothing fancy.

Yeah at the time grandpa passed it wasn't quite that high, but it was getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro