Wood Owl drill bits

Bremon

Well I ordered, received, and finally had a chance to test out these Wood Owl bits. The verdict? I'm impressed.

The "nailchipper" auger bits are 3/4" and 7/8"; I can't imagine hitting nails with them being a problem. The only supplier I could see for Canadians didn't have the "ultra smooth" version which have an additional coating for less friction, but these are quite good. Quick and aggressive, but no spur / concave shape so the holes are fairly messy both at the entry and exit. Interior is smooth of course, but lots of blowout.

The "cordless overdrive" bits are flat out amazing. Very quick, holes are super clean, and there is little blowout, some holes have none. Here and there you'd be hard-pressed to tell me what direction I drilled the hole from. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone on the fence, and I don't imagine I'll buy spades anymore, I'll just buy these. Made in Japan, great quality, and price is quite competitive. I bought the 3/8 separate from the pack that comes with 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1, 1-1/8 and 1-1-4. I can post pics of holes later if my claims seem dubious lol. Moral of the story is buy these bits! I'm going to keep them with my DCD791, but I may get more to store with my 996 or 2704. Each kit would benefit from having these quality bits on hand.

IMG_3540.JPG

• Like 3

They really do feel and look high quality. And those Overdrive bits are ridiculously sharp. The Overdrive bits aren't too pricy and the Nailkillers are only a touch more money than Bosch Nailchippers (probably the difference in 15 minutes of hourly pay between an underpaid guy in China and a guy in Japan paid a living wage). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bremon said:

Well I ordered, received, and finally had a chance to test out these Wood Owl bits. The verdict? I'm impressed.

The "nailchipper" auger bits are 3/4" and 7/8"; I can't imagine hitting nails with them being a problem. The only supplier I could see for Canadians didn't have the "ultra smooth" version which have an additional coating for less friction, but these are quite good. Quick and aggressive, but no spur / concave shape so the holes are fairly messy both at the entry and exit. Interior is smooth of course, but lots of blowout.

The "cordless overdrive" bits are flat out amazing. Very quick, holes are super clean, and there is little blowout, some holes have none. Here and there you'd be hard-pressed to tell me what direction I drilled the hole from. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone on the fence, and I don't imagine I'll buy spades anymore, I'll just buy these. Made in Japan, great quality, and price is quite competitive. I bought the 3/8 separate from the pack that comes with 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1, 1-1/8 and 1-1-4. I can post pics of holes later if my claims seem dubious lol. Moral of the story is buy these bits! I'm going to keep them with my DCD791, but I may get more to store with my 996 or 2704. Each kit would benefit from having these quality bits on hand.

IMG_3540.JPG

Fantastic bro! Any reduction in blowout with these?

Wood owls are sweet, these are the ones dan drilled in a log and got stuck with the Dcd 996, he had to get the super hawg to get it unstuck ha ha [emoji23][emoji23]??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji23]! [emoji123]Milwaukee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro