Delta 28-276 Belt

Conductor562

I recently acquired a late 90's 14" Delta 28-276 bandsaw for free. My dad bought it new, used it probably a dozen times, the belt broke, and it set idle for the last 15 years.

These bandsaws weren't known to be top quality, but it's a great saw for the $0 price I gave for it.

I had to order a couple of table mounts for it, got it all cleaned and dry lubed, cleaned the rusty table off with some Barkeepers Friend and Scotch brite, but I'll be damned if I can find what size belt it takes. Owners manual gives a 905241 part number, but it's been discontinued and the ones you find are crazy expensive. Anybody have this info? I've tried cross referencing the model number and have came up with nothing. 

If if all else fails I'll just have to measure it for a best guess. 

On 3/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, comp56 said:

linkbelt is your friend the pulley on your band saw is most likely a L4 pitch

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=30051&cat=1,240,41067&ap=1

I ended up ordering the V-Link belt. Seemed like the best option. I can always use it to determine the size, get a standard belt, and keep the v link around for an emergency replacement. 

Thanks for for the tip Comp!

cheers, I put them on my lathe and I swear I have to make sure it running it made it so much quieter, I most likely will replace all my belt driven tools eventually......we put these on some big equipment in saw mills years ago I'm talking 200+ HP motors with 5 or more pulleys 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, comp56 said:

cheers, I put them on my lathe and I swear I have to make sure it running it made it so much quieter, I most likely will replace all my belt driven tools eventually......we put these on some big equipment in saw mills years ago I'm talking 200+ HP motors with 5 or more pulleys 

Wow, I might have to invest in one next time I replace a belt