Family work

Cr8ondt

So my Brother needs some remolding in his basement to rent out, he lives in Rochester Hills Mi, (very well off area) I'm 2 hours away.  So the list is probably 3 days work and wants to pay me local money... It's alot more than I'd charge a nobody and wants to buy me a tool of choice... I'd rather hang with my brother and work on his basement........... Ethics?

OK, got it now. I assume, if people make me an uncoerced offer, that they are comfortable with it. I would have no trouble accepting. He obviously knows you are having to make a long trip and do a lot of work. If you have trouble accepting such offers from family, then I can offer no advice. 

If your brother is well enough off and wants to do something nice for you, let him. Make it clear he doesn't have to, but let him be a brother.

I'm more excited about the tool of choice. Jesus, I get excited when other people get tools. What went wrong with my life?

Hi, my name is Conductor and I have a problem ☹️

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

If your brother is well enough off and wants to do something nice for you, let him. Make it clear he doesn't have to, but let him be a brother.

I'm more excited about the tool of choice. Jesus, I get excited when other people get tools. What went wrong with my life?

Hi, my name is Conductor and I have a problem ☹️

tools anonymous 

• 2 months later...

So this has been an ongoing thing.... Drive 2 1/2 hours spend a weekend working at my brother's, on and off for what, about 2 months?  Well by damn if this better be the last trip!