16ga vs 15ga finish nailers

framer

I've always used 16ga and 18ga for trim.  I've tried the Dewalt dcn660 16ga cordless nailer and it's ok. But now I see Dewalt is coming out with the dcn650 15ga nailer.  And this nailer has a nice smaller contact tip. 

So besides a slightly larger hole, any disadvantages to going with a 15ga nailer? Seems the 15ga nails are cheaper too. 

On exterior trim...16 g is fine for 1 3/4" bed mold or cornice, cove etc..but 15 g should be used for larger crown mold or larger molding...it has a larger diameter shank and larger head to hold better....interior trim same theory..door casing with 15g then,,window trim,base, 16g...decorative trim smaller molding with 18g or 23g pin ...

usually use 16ga on door frame and 18ga on all standard trim.  16ga on thicker and heavier trim

did a lot of prefinished trim in multifamilies before and we'd use 18ga for everything because we didnt fill the nail holes, so we had to have small nail holes.