Fein 18v Multimaster

SetBuilder

Does anyone have the Fein 18v Multimaster? I'm thinking about selling my Festool Vecturo to buy a Fein cordless for the convenience. I'm just wondering how the two compare. I mainly use it to cut Luan and 1x material, so I don't think there is a need for the Super cut. I could just buy the Milwaukee multitool since that is the battery platform I'm already on, but I'm afraid it would feel like a toy compared to what I have been using.  

The super cut has a slightly different configuration and is designed more around automotive issues than woodworking. It has its own blade selection that is not designed to work with the multi-master, but you can purchase an adapter for it to use standard multi-master tooling. The Fein adapter, however, is a complete piece of shit, in no unmitigated terms, and does not line up with the normal tooling positions. They even use a picture of an adapter that would work correctly when selling you this piece of garbage, that in no way matches what is being sold. >:(

What it boils down to is; if you need to remove window glass from a car or truck, buy the super cut. If your needs are more in line with woodworking, then purchase the multi-master.

• 2 years later...

Will Festool plunge base fit Multimaster? I don't want to spend such money on Festool because their solutions suck for my trade but Plunge Base is thing that got me. I think about buying multimaster to remove silicone, scrap paint from door and window frames, do some profile sanding, doing some cutting in plaster boards etc. I would like to buy multimaster and then the attachment for festool but I don't know will this work out without a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, EricK said:

Will Festool plunge base fit Multimaster? I don't want to spend such money on Festool because their solutions suck for my trade but Plunge Base is thing that got me. I think about buying multimaster to remove silicone, scrap paint from door and window frames, do some profile sanding, doing some cutting in plaster boards etc. I would like to buy multimaster and then the attachment for festool but I don't know will this work out without a hassle.

Last I knew the Festool attachments only fit the 18v Festool. If you want to go with Fein, may I suggest going with the Supercut over the Multimaster? It is a more versatile offering and has better performance. The price tag may be higher but with the better performance may bring time savings that might save money in the long run especially if you go with the cordless option. Also the fact you can fit Starlock, Starlock Plus, and Starlock Max with one unit is nice. The Multimaster does not fit Starlock Max. The 18v Festool is basically an 18v Supercut with a few Festool design tweaks so you will get similar performance as the Supercut and it is compatible with all 3 Starlock blade types.