DHS680/XSH03 Performance?

marsh942

Guys! 

I have a 3.5 year old DHS680/XSH03 BL Circular saw and am finding that it

now feels like it’s struggling a bit. I’ve dropped it a couple of times so I’m wondering if the base (and therefore the rip guide) are no longer parallel to the blade and this is causing it to struggle? 

I was ripping down some 19mm (3/4”) Tasmania oak (a hardwood) the other day and I only managed around 15m (50ft approx) on a 6.0ah battery - is this normal or pretty poor? When ripping down some PT pine (22mm/7/8”) the green torque light comes on almost instantly. 

What do you guys think? 

If the blade isn't parralel anymore then it will struggle yes.

Your should check the black metal bar at the back where you set the depth with. With the depth marking on . If you drop that saw that metal bar is the first thing that will bend. And then your saw isn't parralel to your base anymore :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marsh942 said:

24 tooth Diablo 👍 relatively new 

24 tooth is a relatively high tooth count for this size of blade. It might just be a bad blade from factory, or gotten deformed in shipping? Im running a 8 tooth blade in my DSS610 (same size of blade, brushed motor), and i can do plenty of rips on a 5Ah battery. Its still lacking in power when compared to DHS680 though, but I wouldnt complain if I hadnt tried the DHS680. I once used 4x5Ah batteries to rip a single 2x4 on a dull blade, something that just had to get done now...

2 hours ago, aessu said:

24 tooth is a relatively high tooth count for this size of blade. It might just be a bad blade from factory, or gotten deformed in shipping? Im running a 8 tooth blade in my DSS610 (same size of blade, brushed motor), and i can do plenty of rips on a 5Ah battery. Its still lacking in power when compared to DHS680 though, but I wouldnt complain if I hadnt tried the DHS680. I once used 4x5Ah batteries to rip a single 2x4 on a dull blade, something that just had to get done now...

That’s pretty much the lowest tooth count available off the shelf here in Aus that I’ve seen. The selection of consumables here is laughable.

Its the lowest one available, period, I think. Im not gonna do anything that visible with that blade, so its fine.

Edit: You mean 24 is the lowest? I hope not. Get some 8 tooth Makita ones from Ebay or something, if you are not doing anything visible with the thing.

Makita have a 16 tooth blade that comes with their brushed 6-1/2" saw. Also to the OP if you try ripping lumber with the saw and not using the rip guide it should let you know if the motor doesn't have the power anymore, a blade that would be out of parallel with the base shouldn't really matter as you'd be following a line with the blade and not the base plate or rip guide