Dewault dcf887 issue

jdeaton011989

Hey everybody. I just picked up one of these used and worked fine long enough to put a roof on my shed and take a starter off my wife's car. 

I picked it up first thing this morning pulled the trigger, I guess out of habit, and it came on for a second then cut off.. now nothing, no lights or anything. Not the battery I've ruled that out. Trigger feels fine. Not stiff not loose.

Any ideas?

I've had a few 20v tools that a wire solder has broke on usually between the battery terminal and the trigger.  If its not that simple it's probably something in the electronics which if it is you can replace it with an electronic assembly.  The assembly include the battery terminal, trigger, electronic board, and magnetic motor housing all wired and podded together.  I don't believe you can buy those parts individually so it makes troubleshooting pretty easy but more expensive.  You can usually find assemblies on ebay but being that it's already a used tool you have to find it at the right price to make it worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I've had a few 20v tools that a wire solder has broke on usually between the battery terminal and the trigger.  If its not that simple it's probably something in the electronics which if it is you can replace it with an electronic assembly.  The assembly include the battery terminal, trigger, electronic board, and magnetic motor housing all wired and podded together.  I don't believe you can buy those parts individually so it makes troubleshooting pretty easy but more expensive.  You can usually find assemblies on ebay but being that it's already a used tool you have to find it at the right price to make it worth it.

Can you tell me how to put metal tab under speed selector switch back in? 

It fell out in disassembly and I didn't see how it went or where.