Look What I Found

firefighter4187

Well I I said this needed an update a couple of days ago and here it is, I guess this is part of the continuation of the Brushed M18 Line.........Cant wait for a fuel version, and no chipper......

Take a Look http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2612-22

My two cents: I believe that the 7/8in sds will be the one to be updated to Fuel since its the biggest and baddest cordless....they will keep the 5/8 in the cheaper Brushed M18 and Cheaper I mean cheaper in money, not quality. I think this because this new 5/8 brushed which is due in the fall comes with the 3.0's instead of 4's, which in the article DR99 found said the brushed kits will come with the cheaper 1.5 and 3.0 amp batteries. I am getting pretty excited about these new tools and Milwaukee looking out for everyone!

Yea I saw that and was kind of confused on why it was listed as a new tool. Kinda bummed out on no chipping feature its just one of those things it's nice too have. I always buy the hammer drill version of a regular drill it's a 10 dollar difference and you never know if it might come in handy.

I made the mistake of just buying a drill/ driver with the DeWalt....I fixed that with fuel...I dont have the need for an sds right now...the hammer on my fuel suits my needs just fine...I am assuming that they will put the chipper on the big brother 7/8 when they release a fuel version...

IMO, Since Milwaukee is keeping the M18 brushed line they are taking the Fuel line and making it like the most powerful line and possibly phasing out the v28 line?

I think it's a good call that the M28 line is either done or it's never really going to be updated. It was popular with some people but it's not really being marketed at all right now. The high voltage tools are a fringe market they are really expensive, and you only see tools like the SDS drills from bosch and makita being marketed at the moment.

I think you are probably pretty close Chase. With the runtime and specs we're seeing on the 4.0ah equipped Fuel tools who the hell needs a big heavy M28? The M28 was always more for the runtime than power anyway. We still haven't seen the HoleHawg adapted to the M18 platform, but we probably will. The difference in the 5/8 and the 7/8 SDS models is essentially this, if you're a pro or DIY'er looking to maximize capability the 7/8" is the way to go. However, if you are an installer or someone who does the same task all the time that does no require the extra capacity or the chipping function, you're more inclined to appreciate the reduced cost, weight, etc. of the 5/8". I personally can't justify having 2 SDS hammers, and I'm looking to maximize my capabilities, so I wouldn't even consider an SDS without at least a 7/8" rating and a chipping function. If I was using it solely to sink tapcons or something all day, it might be a different story. 

DR99: I agree 100% about the hammer function. For the slight difference in price, it makes no sense not to opt for the hammer drill over the Drill/Driver. Some people may take the position that $10 or $20 is $10 or $20, but I'm not that way. I'm a "go all out" kinda guy when I can afford to be and $20 isn't going to make or break me. 

DR99: I agree 100% about the hammer function. For the slight difference in price, it makes no sense not to opt for the hammer drill over the Drill/Driver. Some people may take the position that $10 or $20 is $10 or $20, but I'm not that way. I'm a "go all out" kinda guy when I can afford to be and $20 isn't going to make or break me. 

Hey guys, new member here.  First and foremost, this place rocks!  Figured now would be as good a time as any to sign up.

I just made jump from Dewalt to Milwaukee and subsequently just picked up the 2603 (non hammer) M18 Fuel drill.  My decision to forego the hammer function was actually not motivated by money.  I already own a corded Bosch rotary hammer and felt that it was one less feature that I needed to worry about breaking on my drill.  There seems to be inherently more runout in the chuck with a hammer drill than a non hammer counterpart.  This was the case with both of my Dewalt 20v hammer drills and I verified this at HD when testing out the 2603 and 2604.  I also like that this drill is shorter than the 2604.  

• Like 1

Hey guys, new member here.  First and foremost, this place rocks!  Figured now would be as good a time as any to sign up.

I just made jump from Dewalt to Milwaukee and subsequently just picked up the 2603 (non hammer) M18 Fuel drill.  My decision to forego the hammer function was actually not motivated by money.  I already own a corded Bosch rotary hammer and felt that it was one less feature that I needed to worry about breaking on my drill.  There seems to be inherently more runout in the chuck with a hammer drill than a non hammer counterpart.  This was the case with both of my Dewalt 20v hammer drills and I verified this at HD when testing out the 2603 and 2604.  I also like that this drill is shorter than the 2604.  

Welcome to our forum Pedro. As for your reasoning, that's a fair enough way of thought. Chuck runout/wobble has never been an issue for me personally, but I understand that it could be for some. Beauty is in fact in the eyes of the beholder.

Again, welcome to the forum. Hope you become a regular! :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! 

Welcome Pedro, this is starting to become a Milwaukee owners group haha!

Its hard not drinking the red koolaid when all the cool stuff comes out there first, and now with all this new brushless stuff coming out at the end of the year... My wife is gonna kill me!