DeWalt DCF890...XR Edition?

jrrod2004

Picked up these DeWalt impacts. 

From the Left: 
DCF890 - 1/2"

DCF880 - 3/8" XR

DCF887 - 1/4" XR

DCF885 - 1/4" 

I like them so far as they are nice addition to the power tool set, wrenches and screw drivers that I already own. 

My question is on the DCF890. I like this 1/2" impact very much but I really like the XR editions. Does DeWalt make 1/2" impact XR in this small head form factor like my 3/8" XR that is show or is my only option to step up the the DCF894HB? 

Thanks

- Mike

IMG_20201029_104756.jpg

On 10/29/2020 at 11:27 AM, jrrod2004 said:

My question is on the DCF890. I like this 1/2" impact very much but I really like the XR editions. Does DeWalt make 1/2" impact XR in this small head form factor like my 3/8" XR that is show or is my only option to step up the the DCF894HB? 

Nope they don't make a compact 1/2" in xr/brushless.  For the life of me I can't figure out why.  It wasn't until after the dcf887 impact driver was released that they finally put the 3/8" anvil on the dcf886 and called it a dcf890.  For whatever reason they just don't seem to be to concerned with updating the compact impact wrenches so you're pretty much stuck going with the dcf894 if you want brushless but even that is considerably larger than the dcf880.  While the dcf880 has fallen behind some of the competitions compact wrenches i think you'll find its still a pretty decent little impact.